Forest blues

Planets away from home, Lance wondered. And wondered. 

It was a cold night, the metal of the castle making every step chilling. Lance couldn't help but think about the beaches of Earth. Sand, hot, warm, and soothing swirled around his feet as the ocean ferociously charged forward, like a battalion of soldiers at the moons whims.

Tonight, he let his daydreams sweep him away from the boredom and scalding hot remarks that held him in the castle.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

However, instead of the sand and waves he was expecting, they swept him towards the beautiful forests of Earth.

He had only seen them in pictures and paintings until the day his uncle took him camping. It was random, and unexpected at the least, but he was pleasantly surprised when they saw miles and miles of trees after a long flight. It was like and unlike all the paintings and pictures and photos he had ever seen.

Each tree stood, a lumbering giant against the suns rays and heat. Cool winds swept against him as if they would gently sweep him off his feet and away from the troubles of Earth. There were an infinite amount of shades of green that blurred together at first glance, but made each tree unique. Each tree stood tall and rigid, with the ferocity and discipline of an army. They had wooden trunks, rough to the touch, keeping all troubles away from the tree. It teemed with life that knew the trees would protect them and nurse them. 

Lance looked up, in wonder, and saw his concerned and annoyed teammates faces above him. "Lance." Shiro said. "Are you okay, or did you zone out again buddy?" Hunk followed up with a concerned face. Lance bluntly and unconvincingly said, "I'm fine." Lance lumbered away, eager to dream about Earth some more.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(I like where this is going! I think i'm going to make more of this type of Langst.)