Chapter 14

*Listen to Be With You by JB while reading this chapter*

*A year later*

It has been a year since Jonghyun passed away. I can't say that it's become easier without him because it hasn't, but I am more at ease. I find myself talking to him a lot because I know he is always here with me.

Sometime after the memorial concert for him I decided to move into Jonghyun's apartment. I couldn't let someone sell it and get rid of his things. That would have broken me. I did not want that to happen and I thought it would be good for me to move out of SM. I also wanted to feel closer to Jonghyun and be closer to Minho. Minho's apartment is just down the hall. Being in the same building as Minho and living in Jonghyun's apartment has given me comfort. This is where I'm supposed to be.

Today is the day I have to say goodbye to the three oldest members of Shinee. They are leaving for their mandatory military service today. Minho will be gone for over a year and I'm not sure how I feel about it all.

I'm getting ready for the day when I stop and sigh. Taemin and I are going with them to the airport to say our goodbyes.

"Jonghyun, what am I going to do? They are leaving." I say out loud. I sigh again.

"You're right. I will be fine. They will be back in no time." I reply to myself. I'm sure Jonghyun probably thinks I'm crazy, but I have to talk to him. I keep getting ready.

When the boys leave, Taemin and I will be getting ready to go solo. We are both taking the time to make our own music while they are gone. In a few months it will be Taemin's turn to go into service and then I will really be alone for awhile. I'm strong and I got this, but I'm going to be lonely. I'm starting to dread all of this now.

I finish getting ready and walk out into the hall. I go to Minho's and walk in. He is standing in the middle of the room looking down at his suitcase.

"Are you ready to go?" I ask him softly. He turns his head to look at me.

"No. I don't want to go." He replies softly. I frown.

"Minho.." I start to say and I step closer to him.

"I'm leaving you. What if everything changes?" He asks. Minho's voice cracks slightly. I walk all the way to him and I place my hands on his cheeks.

"It's not going to. You're the one. My only one." I tell him. I bring his face to mine and I kiss him softly. Minho wraps his arms around me.

"I wouldn't know what to do without you." Minho whispers. I smile softly and hug him a little tighter. I want to stay like this forever, but we need to get going.

"Let's go, Minho." I say as we pull away. He grabs his suitcase and my hand and we leave his apartment.

We join the rest of the guys and drive to the airport. The airport comes into view too quickly and I glance at Minho. I don't want to do this. Key, Onew, and Minho grab their suitcases and we all go inside.

We stand next to the spot where the guys will depart to say our goodbyes. I hug Key and Onew, wishing them luck and to stay safe. I turn to Minho last and I hug him. He hugs me so tight that it's hard to breathe, but I don't mind. I'm going to miss him so much.

"I love you." Minho says softly. I start to hug him even tighter.

"I love you too. Come back to me quickly." I tell him and look up at him. He leans down and kisses me.

"I will be back as fast as I can." He replies. Minho starts to pull away from me and picks up my hand. He places a little box into my hand. He leans close to my ear.

"Promise." He whispers and pulls away from me. He turns around and walks away with Key and Onew. I look down at the box in my hand and slowly open it. It's a ring with a small stone. I look up again to watch him walk away and I smile.

"I promise too."

*A couple months later*

Taemin and I have been making our own music. We both have made small albums and done mini tours. Honestly it has been fun, but now I'm back at the airport. This time I'm saying goodbye to Taemin. Him leaving means I will be alone. This really makes me miss Minho and Jonghyun.

I stand with Taemin at the same spot as last time. He looks at me and smiles.

"We will all be back before you know it." He tells me. I smile softly.

"You take care of youself." I say. I give him a hug.

"You be careful." He says to me before leaving. I turn around and start walking out of the airport. Tears are starting to form in my eyes. I don't want to be alone. I need Minho to get back.

"Be strong. You got this." I tell myself. Jonghyun would tell me the same thing.

*A year later*

I'm at the airport looking around like a frantic person. He's coming home today. I can not stay still. Minho is coming back today and I'm ready. I look around some more and I stop moving. I instantly spot him and start racing to him.

"Minho!" I say loudly. He looks around and spots me. He smiles and holds his arms out. I collide into him and he hugs me tightly to him. He kisses me quickly before pulling away from me. Minho takes my hand and starts racing through the airport.

"Where are we going?" I ask him.

"Let's get married!" He says and glances back at me. We exit the airport and start running down the sidewalk.

"Right now?" I ask him. He nods.

"Yes." As we run I notice that cherry blossoms are falling from the trees and I smile. I look over at Minho and he's smiling.

"Okay." I say softly. "Let's start our forever together."