thirty two

Forman was trying to find a job after his one year break from basically doing anything. He had tried chiropractor but that didn't work out so good for him.

We were all sitting in the basement trying to think of things he was good at. Key word: trying. It turns out-which may be extremely shocking to most people- Eric really can't do anything. It's like he was just a talentless person destined to live his life on the couch.

When someone would come up with something for what he could do, someone would barge their way into the conversation and tell a story on how he helped with such thing.

"I mean to me it seems like he'd be good at teaching people to do things instead of doing them." I pointed out.
"I should be a teacher!" He decided.

I let out a sigh, because this meant I could go home. I attempted to drag Fez and Kelso out of the house, but only Fez would come. Better than just me at home.
***
Right when I stepped foot into my apartment, Taylor began to cry and the phone began to ring. How lucky of me. Thank god Fez was home so he could answer the phone while I went to see what was up with my daughter.

After putting her down for a nap, I went to Fez.
"What was the call about?"
"Oh, Kelso was asking if you could pick him up."

I rolled my eyes. He could have come. I grabbed the phone and redialed the Forman's telephone number. It was picked up by a familiar voice.

"Hello?"
"Yeah Eric, tell Kelso he can walk home. I'm busy at home at the moment." I said before hanging up. Something has been up with Kelso lately and I'm not sure what.
***
"Yeah, and then he told me that he used all my college tuition on the muffler shop." Eric finished, throwing some fries in his mouth.
"Are you serious? How will you go to college?" I asked. Though I didn't live in the same house as him, we were still close and met at the hub when something happened.
"I'm not sure yet, honestly. I was going to meet with a college program later today to see if there's still a way."
"I hope you get in, Eric." I say patting my best friend on the shoulder. I hope he gets this job, it's something good he can do.
***
I decided to go hang out at the Forman house while Eric was gone. I loved getting some quality time with Kitty, Jackie and Donna.

We ate cookies with a cup of coffee in front of us, Kitty probably had alcohol. We talked about girl things, you know?

An outburst comes from the door as Eric slides in. We all just kind of looked at him.
"Guys, guess what." He says smoothly. We give him a look saying 'we're listening' as he continued.
"I can become a teacher. I'm going to do this program where I teach in a third world country for a year and then I can go back to get a degree."

I'm so happy for Eric. He's getting to do something he loved. Let's just not hope he won't be too far.

"Where will you be?" His mom questioned.
"Africa." He says, he was extremely giddy.

"Africa?" I said.
"Yeah, how cool is that?" He says like it's no big deal.
I rolled my eyes and walked out of the conversation.

I couldn't bear to hear what Kitty or Donna had to say about this. This was harder for me than anyone else in the gang, I was basically his sister for 18 years. I went to the basement and decided it'd be a good time to roll up a joint.
***
He had only a couple days before he was going to leave. He had gotten all of his vaccines, and gotten most of his things packed up and ready. This was real, he was really leaving.

I had been spending lots of time with Eric because I wanted to make something out of these last few moments, though it will be harder to say goodbye when it comes to that day.

But after some time, it was the day. All of his stuff were packed up ready for him to leave. We sat in our last circle all together. I wasn't in the mood to partake in the actions, though.

I was lost in thought about what was going to happen after he left, like what was going to change after he left. I payed attention once I heard my name.

"Rose, I'm gonna miss you man. You're the best friend I'm lucky I get to have."
"I'll miss you too, Forman." I said. I felt one tear fall on my cheek. Oh no, Rose, pull yourself together.

Then the next thing I knew there was an angry red in front of me. We were all told to leave, since Eric was leaving anyway.

I gave him a last hug goodbye as I felt myself getting emotional again. I pulled Kelso and Fez with me and drove us home, picturing an Eric-less life. Oh how I would miss him.