Veracity

Keith

Sitting in my corner of the room, I continued to skim the pages of my book before taking a few notes before a gust of wind tickled my neck earning a shutter from me. "Hey Keithy boy~."

"Lance. If you don't move the fuck away from me-..." I mumbled before he grasped my chin and tilted it towards his face with a smirk as I stared into his deep blue eyes.

"Sure, I'll move. But we have to join the others. They're playing truth or punch. It's modified truth or dare." He explained as I gave a slow nod before removing my glasses again before getting up and following him to the small circle.

"Let's get started. Truth or Punch, Hunk?" Allura smiled brightly as Hunk grinned before choosing truth. "What was the worst dining experience you have ever had?"

"Considering the fact that I worked at my family's restaurant on Earth before... it would have to be giving a vegan a meat appitizer to start off their meal." He shuttered as he remembered the woman's vulgar words. "She cursed me out."

"Damn that's ruff." I mumbled as everyone snickered including me.

"Shiro, Truth or Punch?" Hunk smiled before Shiro lifted his sleeve and pointed to his fleshy arm.

"Punch me." He insisted as Hunk lightly slapped his arm with a chuckle. "Pidge, Truth or Punch?"

"Truth." She responded, unenthusiastically.

"Have you ever used your gift of technology for bad?" He asked, genuinely curious.

"I've gotten blackmail on everyone who has ever bullied me from elementary to Garrison days. So yeah." She responded with sass as everyone trembled. "Lance! T or P!"

"Truth!" He cheered before realizing his mistake a bit to late. "Wai-!"

"WHAT WAS YOUR RELATIONSHIP WITH GRIFFIN!?" She shouted over him as his face paled as he looked away from the group.

"We... actually weren't dating and we never went far. We didn't even know each other. So I would say acquaintances at the most." He murmured as everyone gave a small nod to him. "Treated me like a fucking doll..."

"Language." Shiro glared at him as he looked up with an expressionless face.

"Spanish. But that's besides the point, Shiro." Lance smiled as Hunk snickered before Pidge pushed him lightly while Shiro and I gave an unimpressed glance at the hispanic boy. "Anyways! Keith."

"Punch me." I answered as Lance leaned forwards before staring into my eyes. Raising his hand, I flinched before his hand even reached me as he gave a befuddled expression.

"What? I didn't even punch you yet?" Lance questioned slowly before slowly lowering his fist and placing a hand on my shoulder. "Are you alright?"

"Y-Yeah. Of course." I smiled weakly as I rubbed my arm before shaking my head to rid my mind of forming thoughts. "U-um just truth me instead."

"Ok then... Why did you flinch before I punched you? Usually you're up for a fight." Lance tilted his head adorably- stupidly before I rolled my eyes.

"I lived in the system for years and... many of my foster parents did not like who I was and forced me to do many things or physical contact would be made." I sighed before shrugging my shoulders. "I didn't really care after a certain point, but I guess it caused me to be less tolerant to pain."

"That's not good, Keith. No matter how you say or think about it. What did they do exactly?" Shiro asked as I flinched again before looking away from the team and rubbing my wrists.