Reminiscence

Third Person

"We're going to need your detailed account on what exactly took place years ago. To be honest, the deadline for these types of cases is around a 5 month period. However with the evidence you've managed to provide, we'll make a pass." The Lieutenant detective spoke as she crossed her arms and stared down at the group who all stood behind Keith. "And can we do this in a more... private setting? It would be better if your team doesn't get involved in the case. Feelings don't mix well in these situations."

"It's fine if you want to talk to me in private. If you plan on speaking to them, Takashi is the only one who actually came close to knowing who I am. The rest of the team I just recently opened up to." Keith explained as he stood up. Feeling a hand on his shoulder, he looked down to see Lance who gave a stern glance at him. "I'll be fine. Don't worry about me."

"I'll be coming with. As his lawyer, I should be able to hear my client's story for the first time." Adam gave a nod to Shiro who in turn gave a tap on his shoulder.

"Right. The fiancé of a famous pilot and other legal foster parent of the victim is also the lawyer for said child." A detective hummed as he stood up as well and started for the door. "That's new. I'll be the one speaking to you both. Detective Ron Uriel. My partner should be meeting us in the room as we speak."

Following him out the door, Keith and Adam looked at each other; skeptical of this guy who led them to an office with obvious one way glass. "The others will be able to hear through the glass, correct? Be able to see, hear and get the information to match the evidence?"

"That you are correct." A female's voice interrupted as she stepped out from her spot on the wall and placed a hand on the desk in front of Keith who jumped. "Detective Gorden. Jenna Gorden. So tell me, Kogane. What were you studying in school? Any extra curricular activities for the past five years?"

"Just karate, some self defense classes and a bit of dance to stay light on my feet. I also write music and read books by authors. Studied to be a pilot like Shiro and Adam." Keith recalled as the woman gave a nod before sitting down.

"Any romantic partners? Interests? We wish to do a follow up test to insure that you aren't at risk for any STIs or STDs." She stared into his eyes as he looked down at his hands.

"A-Another test? I've already taken a test from years ago. No one believed me when I was nine. It took the neighbor from three doors down to hear my screams at three in the morning while walking his dog to realize that something was wrong with me." Keith scoffed as he sat back in his chair. "So you're telling me that you need more? Video evidence and my testaments should be enough. That's the only reason we still have this case, right?"

"Wrong. Rain... was assaulted a few months ago by who we believe is her brother. The reason we reopened was for her case, actually." Ron clarified as Keith stood up with tears in his eyes as he looked at the detectives in anger.

"So what? You think that because I was brutally abused by that man that she helped for years and that once he lost me he moved onto her, that I would help that bitch?!" Keith spat as he shook his head and moved away from the door. "Forget it. I shouldn't have opened my mouth if this is what you want. Let the bastard walk. Let him continue for all I care! I'm not being selfish for wanting justice on my own accounts. Using me for her? That's not what I stand for."

"Keith, please. Take a seat." Adam begged as he placed a hand on Keith's shoulder before guiding him back to the seat and rubbing his shoulders. "Give them the details. We can get him for rape in the first, third and sodomy. He'll be away for life if you just cooperate."