The State VS. Hikari Yagami

The first bang of The Judge's gavel was the birth of a new trial. May held onto her pokéball attached around her belt for support with her left hand. She clutched her ribbon inside her pocket with her right hand. May took a deep breath as her eyes were locked in a piercing stare match between herself and the lady in the prosecution bench.

It was Franziska Von Karma: the one who prosecuted Ash five years ago. A self-proclaimed prosecuting prodigy with a whip, and she wasn't afraid to use it. Even the sternest of judges cowered before her. Franziska grinned at May as if to say that she had already won. If she was able to end Ash's trial so quickly five years ago, May dreaded to think how much she might have improved since then.

"I'm facing her..." May muttered.

Trucy leaned over in May's ear and whispered, "You'll have to be careful. She once whipped Daddy so hard, he ended up unconscious."

May no longer felt prepared.

"The court is now in session for the trial of Hikari Yagami," The Judge announced. "Are the prosecution and the defence ready?"

May bit her tongue before she spoke. "The defence is ready, Your Honour."

"Let's get down to business," Franziska cooed. Her cuddled her whip with both hands. "Miss May Maple, I never thought I would see you again."

"Believe me, Miss Von Karma, the feelings are mutual."

"You're still chasing that foolish illusion that your boyfriend is innocent," Franziska waved her finger as her whip sparked around the courtroom. "Now you work for the most foolish of fools that I've ever had to encounter: Mr. Phoenix Wright."

"You better watch what you say about my daddy," Trucy wailed out. Her arms tightened together as if she was going to start a fight.

Franziska crossed her arms and closed her eyes. "I'm surrounded by foolish fools."

The Judge steered his head towards Franziska. "Prosecutor Von Karma, have you been made aware of the new policies?"

"What policies?"

"Due to the recent attack on Prosecutor Gavin in this court," The Judge explained. "All barristers, must be accompanied at all times. This is for your own personal safety."

"I am perfectly capable of taking care of myself," Franziska muttered as got a pink pokéball out of her pocket, "but if you insist."

"Frosslass!"

"This Pokémon is a present from my dear mother," Franziska announced with curled lips. She patted Froslass all over her white skin skin. "She's a gym leader in Sinnoh."

"Can we have your opening statement please?"

"The victim called himself John Doe. He worked as a janitor for the Digimon Centre in Pewter City. It was due to be opened on the day of the murder. The victim was shot multiple times in the head and in the chest and then thrown out of the window in the ladies bathroom on floor 3. The defendant, Hikari Yagami was arrested quickly. She was the only one in the bathroom, so she's the only one who could have done it. Further investigation showed that John Doe is in fact, Shelly De Killer: the famous assassin."

The Judge gasped. "I don't believe it! Shelly De Killer has finally been caught. But..." The Judge paused as his eyes became fixated with Kari's pale skin. "What would possess a young lady like the defendant to murder a man in such a brutal manner?"

"Someone might have hired him to do a job," Franziska suggested. "Hikari Yagami stopped him before he could kill anyone else."

"Do you have any proof that somebody did hire him?" May asked.