An Unexpected Corner

Kari skied into the closest cubicle possible, almost knocking the janitor over in the process. She slammed and locked the door as if her life depended on it. Her body curled around the corner of the room as gasped for air. She heard thunderous steps coming into the room. She was being chased by a man called Brock. He was a renowned gym leader, but he was also a huge flirt to any attractive lady he found.

Brock had terrified her. She tried to tell him that she already had a boyfriend, but didn't listen. She requested him not to touch him, but he couldn't keep his hands off her. Kari had no choice but to run, but still, he followed her. The women's bathroom was the only place where she could hide.

"Excuse me, Sir," she heard the janitor speak. "The men's bathroom is on the right."

"Oh... I see," Brock sighed.

Kari remained silent. She hoped that Brock wasn't waiting outside for her.

"Good evening M'lady," Kari heard the janitor speak again. "Would you care to die?"

"It's you..." It was a woman's voice, but she couldn't see her through the cracks in the door. She peered through the opposite crack and saw the janitor with the gun pulling the trigger towards the entrance.

The janitor marched over towards the as he was about to leave, Kari heard a series of gunshot and she saw the janitor implode on the floor landing on his head. The sparkling white floor now had huge red blotches. Kari pushed herself against the wall when the sound of the crashing bucket screeched in her ears. Kari tried not to scream as curled herself into a ball on the toilet seat.

The barrel of the gun was empty, Kari assumed when she heard the numerous clicking. A sudden bang caught Kari's attention. She above her head and saw the gun fly into her head. Kari's hands shook and she screamed as she tossed the gun back.

"WHO'S THERE?" Kari screamed.

No answer.

"I'm not coming out until you tell me who you are," Kari screeched. She frantically twirled around the room as she saw the red pool reach her shoes. "HELP ME!" she cried. "SOMEBODY HELP!"

Kari got a response. This time, it was the sound of the windows crashing. When Kari unlocked the door; she was alone. Her eyes caught the attention of the broken window. She scurried towards it and saw the body of the janitor squelched in front of the busy city. She swirled over and slipped on the puddle.

"That's it," Kari whispered to herself. She looked above and the end of a black cape leave the room. "I'm done for. They're going to think it was me."

Kari blacked out.

May didn't know much about Digimon. A new Digimon Centre was opening in Pewter City, and the only reason she attended was because Brock invited her. She thought it would be great to see Brock again, as she hadn't seen him since Ash's trial five years ago. The fact that he spent more time ogling on the prosecutor put her off seeing him. She expected much better than that from him.

Pewter City seemed quite packed. Trucy and May few of the many people gathered around the tall silver building with a white staircase.

"This is the first time coming to Pewter City," Trucy admitted. "It's a very pleasant city. Great for shopping."

"Just you wait until you see the big supermarket in Celadon City," May told Trucy with a great grin on her straight face. "It's bigger than three wailords put together."

Trucy gasped with her hand over her mouth. Her lips quickly turned into a smile. Both girls jumped for joy. "We should totally go there some time," Trucy giggled.