Turnabout Generation

"Things can't get any worse," May exclaimed as she cowered into a corner and sighed. The thought of losing Ash again was almost too much to bare. "I know that Iris is the killer, but I've got no proof and now... Ash has been arrested again."

"Pull yourself together," Trucy demanded as she shook May's shoulders. "Remember what Ash said? Serena's counting on you."

"Sorry we're late."

May lifted her head and saw two ghostly figures: a man and a woman. She recognised the female spirit as her mother, Mia Fey. She knew that the ghost next to Mia was Diego Armando, her father. "Mom? Dad?" It was the first time she had seen her birth parents face-to-face before.

"Hang in there," Diego called out. He grinned, flashing his teeth. "You're doing great. Doing us both proud."

"Where's Maya gone?" May sighed as she stood up.

"Maya's gone with Franziska to Indigo Plateau," Mia explained. "Franziska is going to challenge Lance and the Elite Four."

"Maya's gone for moral support, right?" May asked.

Mia nodded. "In case they try anything, Franziska and Maya have brought police with them too."

"I get it!" Trucy cried out. "Franziska wants to dethrone Lance as champion so she can bring him to court."

"You got in one." Mia nodded at Trucy and then steered her head over to her daughter. "Maya left a message for Phoenix. He should be coming any minute now."

May felt as if her hurt was being crushed. She clenched her fists together as her head faced the floor. She opened her hands and then used them to bury her face. "I'm really in need of a miracle right now," she whispered.

"You ARE the miracle," Mia told May as she smiled at her.

"That's right!" Diego patted May's back. "Everything you need is in the court record."

"The court record..." May muttered as she watched both ghosts fade away. "That's it! How could I have forgotten that. If you can hear me, thanks Mom and Dad!" After her parents vanished, she watched Serena sat in silence. May didn't blame her for not wanting to talk. There would have been so much going through her mind right now. May and Trucy sat by Serena on the sofa. "How are you doing?" May asked.

"I'm fine," Serena said. She giggled and sat back on the sofa more. "I know I'll be fine because I've got the best lawyer in the world."

The door opened. May and Trucy stood up, expecting Phoenix Wright to march into the room and make everything right. To May's surprise, it was Sakura Haruno, her first client.

"Sakura!" May cried out. "It's so good to see you."

"Yeah!" Trucy joined in. "We've seen you with Naruto a few times. It's great to see you two so happy."

"Yeah," Sakura responded. "We're both getting there. I've been watching the trial today," Sakura told May. "I think you're doing a great job."

"Oh, thanks Sakura."

"I've got something that I think can help!"

"You do?"

"There was an art dealer's market in our village yesterday," Sakura explained. "Naruto bought a painting from an artist called Larry Butz. I don't know much about it, other than it's a forest in Kanto and that it has someone riding Dragonite. He said he did the painting on the day a woman got killed."

May gasped. "That painting...where is it now?"

"It's in Naruto's office," Sakura replied. "I'm sure he won't mind you two having a look at it. He's quite fond of the painting himself."