A Misty Witness

May and Trucy found themselves in a deserted house in Pallet Town. It was once the home of Delia Ketchum, and her son, Ash. The house was now nothing but a former shadow of itself with ornaments and glass cabinets shrouded with dust. Wallpaper peeled off as mould gathered round the ceiling.

It was going to be the trial of the century. Ash's siblings, his father, among others were going to be called in as witnesses. May knew she was have to do at least ten cross-examinations and that it was going to take more than a day to get through them all.

"This time tomorrow Ash will be a free man," May said as she got her ribbon out of her pocket. She walked past the cold and empty walls. "This nightmare will finally be over." May rubbed the ribbon against her chest, cradled it for a while, and then placed it back in her pocket. "Ash and I will be able to go back to our Pokémon journey again."

"Huh?" Trucy gasped. "Does that mean you'll leave the agency?"

May gulped. "Eventually. Maybe I'll quit being a lawyer too. I only became one for Ash anyway. I'd miss everyone in the agency though..."

"Oh..." Trucy whispered.

"What's wrong, Trucy?"

Trucy removed her hat and dropped her chin against her chest. "This is so sad to look at."

May nodded. "Mrs. Ketchum used to make this place spotless."

"I read in her records that she used to own a Pokémon called Mr. Mime," Trucy admitted to May. "Where did he go?"

"I'm not really sure," May replied as she savaged through old photograph frames in the cabinets. "I just assumed that Professor Oak took care of him." Savaging though old photos of Ash, she finds a picture of Ash and his siblings; Red, Leaf and Silver. "This can't be the only picture with all four of them together."

"This locket is really cute," Trucy exclaimed as she picked up a silver locket in one of the draws next to May. Trucy opened up the locket and and the middle popped out. "There's four pictures in here."

May turned her head and stared at the locket. One the left was a picture of a boy with red hair wearing dark clothes. He had a serious look on his face as if to say he was about to cause trouble. He was Silver, Delia's second youngest son. On the right was a picture of Ash and Pikachu. In the middle were the twins; Red and Leaf, both were brunettes with Delia's eyes.

Gary Oak barged into the room with a group of men in white cloaks. "I'm glad you're both here," he said. "I got some good news."

"What's that?" May asked Gary.

"Lance got released without charge," Gary told them both.

"Really?" Trucy said covering her mouth. "That's great, isn't it?"

"I guess," Gary groaned, "turns out neither Iris nor Lance could be convicted for De Killer's death."

May leaned over towards Gary. "What do you mean?"

"They're both Pokémon league champions," Gary explained. "We can't convict them even if they were guilty."

"You mean their trainer class protects them?"

Gary nodded.

"That's just... STUPID!" May yelled with her fists clenched together. "Why did Lance ever need to protect Iris in the first place?"

"Most likely to do with the fact she's a prosecutor," Gary replied.

"She's a prosecutor?" Trucy asked. "I should have known."

"I don't like it either," Gary admitted. "But I think he was trying to preserve her reputation."

"IT'S NOT FAIR!" May yelled out. "Ash is in prison for something he didn't do." May envisioned an image of Ash curling himself in a ball and leaning against the bars feeling scared and lonely. "And Iris gets to wonder around the streets."