The Fresh Air Of Freedom

May daydreamed about a romantic getaway with Ash as everybody celebrated Serena's verdict in trial. May had heard that Iris had checked herself into rehab and signed up for the therapy that she needed. May wasn't sure if any of it would make her feel better, but she knew that it wouldn't wash Iris off the sins she had created.

In the eyes of the law, Iris was not a criminal despite killing at least three people. But the law was always changing. May knew there would come a day where Iris would stand trial and be responsible for her crimes, but it wouldn't be today. Iris was lucky. May hoped that Iris would do the right thing and continue with her training and be a better mother and trainer for her kids and Pokémon.

"I didn't know Clair from Blackthorn City Gym had a son." May overheard Athena talking to Trucy and the rest of the agency.

"Yeah," Apollo responded. "Kai Hiwatari wanted Clair to have nothing to do with her son once he figured out the truth about Iris and Lance. When he realised that Clair had nothing to do with their crimes, he decided to let her have access to Gou again."

"Gou is also Professor Oak's great-grandchild," Phoenix said. "He is delighted indeed. In fact, he's actually changed his will. He's added all his grandchildren in his will and also added Mrs. Ketchum's nephew into the will."

"Professor Oak must really think the world of Delia," May pointed out. "He knew how close Delia and Davis were and decided to add him to the will in her memory."

"You did it, May!" Trucy exclaimed, jumping for joy as she gave May a victory hug. Before they knew it, the defence lobby became packed with people. The majority of them were friends of Phoenix and Ash. "You did the agency proud today."

May blushed. "Thanks, but I couldn't have done it without your help!"

"Hey!" Athena yelled out with her fist in the air. "What about me?"

"And you of course," May said.

"May..." Ash said as he ran towards her. They both stared at each other. Ash suddenly began panting as his head tilted backwards and in the end, he couldn't fight his tears. He smiled as tears rolled down his face. "Thank you so much! You were awesome back there."

"You did great too," May said. "I know we haven't had it easy, but I'm glad you're back to your old self."

"To be honest," Ash said with a grin on his face. Every time she saw that warm smile on Ash's face, it made her want to smile to. "So am I!" He continued to speak with great pride and joy. "I can't wait to carry on with my journey in Alola. You should stop by and visit me there."

"May," Phoenix said. "I just wanted to say that that was a truly outstanding trial today."

"But you were only there at the end," May pointed out.

"You do know that this trial was recorded for national television, right?"

"Uh..." May pondered. "No!"

"Well your client is known as the Kalos Queen," Phoenix said. "And there was a great public interest in your trials, so each one of your trials has been live on TV. If Serena had been found guilty," Phoenix told May. "Let's just say things would have turned out badly for everybody."

"Now you're famous!" Trucy cried out. "I think you should help me out in one of my magic shows."

May giggled. She thought the idea of her and Trucy working together on a magic show instead of a trial would be a welcoming change. "That sounds awesome."

"Now there's something else I wanted to talk to you about," Phoenix told May. "I understand you have plans to leave the agency."

"You must be kidding," May lied with a smile on her face. "There's a lot more that I want to do as a lawyer. I've got so much to learn you and everybody."