day 24- sleepover

i had waaaay too much fun writing this chapter lmaooooo i kind of went overboard lol

"Sit very still, okay?"

"Fine."

Lance leaned in close to Keith, his minty breath floating over Keith's face as he concentrated. He carefully began spreading the face mask over Keith's cheek, smiling as Keith's nose scrunched up. 

"It's cold," Keith complained, "and it smells weird."

"It's good for your skin, dummy," Lance replied. "Do you even moisturize?"

"You mean lotion?"

"Yeah." Lance shook his head in wonder at how blunt Keith was. He'd invited the moody teen over for a self-care session after seeing how dry Keith's face was (it matched his humor) and had demanded Keith let him do a full spa makeover. Keith was reluctant, but Lance had eventually persuaded him with promises of movies and snacks. 

Lance had cleaned his room in the Castle of Lions until it was impeccably clean, then laid all of his self-care products out on the floor. It was a weird sort of intimacy, taking care of Keith like this. Lance loved it. 

They sat cross-legged across from each other, Lance's laptop open and facing Keith, playing Stand By Me, one of Keith's favorite movies. Lance had also snagged some food from the kitchen (and Hunk's private stash of alien snacks) for Keith. 

Lance finished spreading the Umbrian Clay over Keith's skin, then grabbed a pillow off his bed and put it behind Keith, pushing products out of the way so that Keith had space to lay down. The Red Paladin looked at Lance with an odd expression but laid down on the floor when Lance pushed at his chest (which was taught with muscle). 

Lance hovered over Keith's face, putting two cucumber slices over his eyes before moving down to work on Keith's hands. "I can't see the movie," Keith said, not quite complaining, merely stating. 

"You can still hear it," Lance replied soothingly, gently taking one of Keith's hands in his own. Keith flinched at Lance's touch but relaxed quickly. "Is this okay?" Lance asked quietly. 

"Yeah."

Lance went to work, massaging lotion into Keith's dry hands, cleaning his nails and filing them down, applying cuticle oil and so forth. He did the same to Keith's other hand, his fingertips caressing Keith's calloused palms, a light blush on his face. 

After 20 minutes, he took the cucumbers off Keith's eyes and hovered over him until he opened his eyes. Keith blinked. "That felt really nice, actually," he said sincerely, flexing his hands. Lance smiled. 

"It's time to get that mask off," he informed Keith helpfully, pulling him back up to sit and grabbing a wet face cloth out of a bowl of warm water, leaning towards Keith as he cleaned off the mask. Keith was worried that, now that he didn't have the cover of the mask, Lance would notice how pink his cheeks were. 

But the Blue Paladins simply set to work, rubbing toners and serums and lotions into Keith's face. Keith would never admit it, but he loved the way Lance's fingertips felt on his skin, soft and gently, like little kisses. After what seemed like an eternity, but still, not long enough, Lance sat back, satisfied. "You're glowing," Lance murmured happily. Keith looked away, embarrassed. 

Lance stood stretching, his t-shirt riding up his toned stomach before he slouched over again, cleaning up all the products laid out on the floor. Keith contentedly watched the end of the movie, his fingertips occasionally reaching up to touch his face. 

Lance was right. Instead of the tight, stretching dryness he was accustomed to feeling when he felt his face, his skin felt dewy and soft. Keith smiled to himself. Lance worked wonders when it came to skin care.