Real Reasons

Happy first day of spring! Well, it might be the second day by the time some of you read this.

This chapter is kinda just a short chapter to show a certain relationship. That was my primary focus. Sorry it's short. Please enjoy and comment. 😉

While Jay was in his room looking through the chest, the others were sitting in the living room, talking about all the small details Cole, Nya, and Seliel forgot to mention while they were hastily explaining what they had been up to.

"So, let us get this straight," Kai said, trying to wrap his head around every detail they explained. "You went all over Ninjago to found out the truth of what happened to Libby Gordon, Cliff Gordon's wife, and Jay's biological mother, and the only way you could do that was by finding the chest she buried."

"But Seth was after the chest too, because he wanted something from it, so he tried to get it before Jay did, but he couldn't, because he didn't have the clues Libby left." Lloyd clarified.

"So he broke Ultra Violet and Killow out of prison," Zane added on.

"And had them steal the key from Jay and kidnap him for Seth. Then we foiled their plan." PIXAL finished.

Seliel, Cole, and Nya all looked at each other, seeing if they missed anything. When they all shook their heads yes Seliel said, "I think that pretty much covers everything we just told you."

"How do you think Jay's doing with the chest?" Kai asked.

"I don't know, but I think he'll be alright," Nya said, looking at Jay's room, half hoping for him to finally come out. It had been a few hours since they got home, and Jay was still locked in his room, looking inside the chest.

"Maybe you should go and check on him soon," Cole suggested, glancing at the door.

"Give him a few more minutes, he's probably taking a lot in at the moment," Lloyd told them.

"Meanwhile, I think it's way past time for me to get home," Seliel said, standing up and ready to leave the Monastery of Spinjitzu. "It's been fun guys, it really has. We should do something like this more often."

"We'll remember to include you next time there is a mission that risks all of our lives and threatens to kill us." PIXAL joked to her.

"Just send me an invite and I'll be there," she said, then turned to Cole. "Mind showing me the way out?"

He listened to her and guided her to the door and through the courtyard. Just as they were about to reach the gate, Seliel stopped Cole from opening the door.

"Cole, I have a confession to make," Seliel said as she took his hands into hers. "I didn't just come with you and the others because I wanted to hear what really happened to Jay's mom."

"Then, why did you tag along?" Cole asked, hoping to hear what he thought since she asked if she could come along.

"I came because I missed you," Seliel told her, causing him to blush a little. "Ever since you left all those years ago, I haven't been able to get you off my mind. I don't know why but I feel comfortable around you, Cole."

"Me too," Cole said, smiling back at her. "I feel a special connection with you, Sel. You're not like other girls that I've met."

"Is that a good thing or bad?" Seliel joked. Cole smiled at her.

"It's the best thing," he told her, smiling. They continued this before Seliel frowned, knowing she couldn't stay with Cole.

"You know I've got to go back to Nom," Seliel said, looking at him sadly. She didn't want to leave him but knew she had to get back to her hometown.