Chapter 8

Chapter 8

Sitting with Jake sucks when you're trying to ignore him for someone.

It gets infurating when Harry does not even care.

Which scares the shit out of me.

Oh no, I cussed. Whatever.

Jake took a glance of me and soon started to stared at me to get my attention. Apparently exams are just around the corner and I'm not doing well lately so I'd really appreciate if he could look away. The fact that I'm trying my best not to talk to him makes it worse and he kept staring at me like as if I'm a glass and would break if he were to look away or something.

"Talk to me, babe."

Of course I'm ignoring that.

"How long are you going to keep like this? You don't even like Harry." Jake whined.

As much as I hate to admit it, Harry was my first crush, even before Nathan. Even if I got together with Nathan, I felt guilty and regretful because I thought one day he might be attracted to me somehow.

Obviously, I was his best friend. How depressing that he doesn't have feelings for me for the past eight years, and it hurts, a lot.

"Diana." Jake said slowly.

"Mr Brown, do you mind, to leave Miss Williams alone? Can't you see she's trying to focus?" My Science teacher said. Thanks, I desperately needed that.

"But I-" Jake talked back.

"How dare you talk back to me. Detention corner, now." She said, annoyance evident in her voice. Jake sighed and stood up and walked out of the room, and I felt as if a heavy weight lifted off my chest.

Back to Science. Chemical reactions, periodic table, I don't even remember myself being smart.

It happened like a miracle... Just kidding, I do hardcore studying at home, and no joke, its until midnight. Its just that I got myself distracted with Nathan and Sandy which made me lose track.

That somehow explains why I don't blend in the crowd, because I'm a nerd and unpopular. I was never pretty, got bullied in my Primary school days, so its no surprise.

But what surprises me is the sudden gesture Harry did for the past few weeks.

I glanced at him and he was writing notes. He licked his lips to moisture his lips. That really turned me on.

The school bell rang, indicating the last lesson has ended and soon students rushed out of the room, I was still struggling to carry the pile of work I missed out for the past two weeks. Surprisingly, Harry came over and carried all the books.

"I'm taking you home." He said.

"What?" I lied. Of course, I suck at lying.

"You heard me. Now lets go." Harry said smugly and I just followed behind him. I was blushing furiously and lucky me I was behind him, else he might ask me if I'm alright.

We reached to the bustop and he, looking muscular, made me blush even harder.

I really wish he had a crush on me.

"I'm sorry, Harry." I said aloud.

"Excuse me? You held Jake's hand and saying 'Oh I'm in love with Jake Brown and you can't do shits about it.' Oh Diana have you ever thought how I felt? He's my rival!" Harry said, hurt evident in his voice.

"Oh, and what am I doing? Apologising to the oh-so perfect Harry Richardson, and you're not going to accept it? Well fine. I am truly sorry because your sudden gesture three weeks ago shocks me and I, as a best friend, am very guilty for my stupid act. Will you forgive me?" I said calmly. Harry stood there, silent. Probably processing the information in his head.