Chapter 10

Chapter 10

"If I see you sleeping on the couch again you do your sister's chore for the rest of the week. Have I made myself clear?" Mom scolded.

"Crystal." I simply said and she just nodded in response. I went upstairs and sat on my bed.

Now I can't sleep.

I thought about my family, and sensed something wrong. For the past eight months, the whole family have been going out without me. Its like I never existed, but I've grown used to it. It seemed like the whole family didn't tell me something. We used to be the most fun and lively family around the neighbourhood. For the past eight months, they just kept quiet and make as little noise as possible, and I think there is something they have yet to tell me.

I stood up and walked out of my room and stood infront of my parents room. Should I knock and ask? Maybe I should. I was about to knock when I heard sobs in the room. I dropped the idea of knocking and I pressed my ear to the door.

"We must not tell her! I don't want her to worry." Said a soft voice, probably Mom's.

"She might suspect we are hiding something. So we have to tell her!"

"No! She will be like us everyday, she will not come out of the room. She won't eat and mind you! She has anorexia!"

I heard a sigh and footsteps approaching the door. I quickly ran to my room and shut the door.

Anorexia? Who else have anorexia? I thought about all my family members and my jaw dropped.

I am the only one who is anorexic.

They must have been keeping something from me, and I'm dying to know what is it.

Suddenly, my door opened and my mom came into my room with teary eyes.

"Mom, what's wrong?" I looked under her eyes and there were dark circles her eyes is red and puffy. Something is definitely is wrong here.

"Mom, are you okay?" I asked once more.
She shook her head. "Just another fight with your Dad." Well that's surprising. She never got into a fight with Dad before. I hugged her until she calmed down.

"Diana, I think its time for you to know the truth."

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sounds of the monitors by his bed beeped monotously around him and the scent of antiseptic smell greeted me as soon as I stepped into this building of death. I never liked hospitals. It reminded me of how doctors can be your enemy and faking that they tried to save a certain person but they can't. Well that's because they weren't trying enough! Now its not the time think about this. Adam. Adam Finley is lying down on those typical hospital beds with monitors around him and wires around his chest. Who is Adam Finley? Well, its my closest cousin. We shared alot of things together, and now he's lying down on the bed, sleeping peacefully.

"Hey, Finley." I whispered. Not a move. Maybe I shouldn't disturb him, but my only companion has less than 10 days to live. My birthday is just next week, my 18th birthday, I don't want him to miss it.

The room door opened and I was greeted by Mrs. Finley, who manages to flash me a sad smile. Poor lady, she must've been through alot.

"Go home honey," she placed her hand on my shoulder whilst looking at Adam, "you need rest."

I shook my head. "No! Nobody told me a single shit about this. Nobody! What, are you guys planning to tell me that he's dead on my birthday? Is that my birthday present? Huh? Tell me!"

Mrs Finley sighed and shook her head. "Honey, we didn't want you to worry. You're anorexic, we don't want you to starve again."

"Don't you guys dare to comfort me with a lie. Adam now is sick, he needs me. Please, just let me be there for him till the very end." I sobbed. Adam is the only friend I ever have and if I lose him, I'll have to face the cruel world myself. Mrs Finley walked out of the room, which made me felt more relieved. I really need some time with this boy.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"I made you some soup."

"No thanks."

"Please, honey. You haven't eaten for like, three days."

"I don't care."

By that, Mum simply walked away and sighed.

"Diana, eat your food." Adam said sympathetically.

"No, not a chance." I said.

"How long are you going to stay like this? I will not let you starve. Here, have a bread." Adam said while handing over the bread to me, but I simply pushed it away.

"Diana..."

"I will not eat, I will not drink. I will starve till I die."

"Diana, I-"

"No, Adam. Don't talk, you might lose your breath. I'd rather die than to be lied."

"Diana, its not what you think."

"Not what I think? They kept it from me for eight months. Eight flippin' months." I turned around to face Adam. "And there's a lot of machines and monitors around you to keep you alive. So I'd rather die, so they suffer."

"Diana just listen to me!" Adam pleaded.

"I get it Adam, you want to defend them I get it. I get that you want to take the blame, I get that yo-"

"I asked them not to tell you. Is that reasonable enough?" Adam cut me off.

My face fell, "you... you told them not to tell me?" I asked nervously.

Adam nodded. "If I told you, you wouldn't eat for like eight months? I care for you okay?"

"And you thought I would take the pain if you died, didn't you? You thought that after hearing that you passed on I would be like 'Oh, Adam died. Big deal.' No Adam, that's not the way. Your life is in danger, and I have no one to share my secrets with, no one! You're like my only friend. If you're gone, do you think I will be able to take it?" I sniffed. Soon, Adam just kept quiet, leaving the room in silence. I turned my back at him and sobbed silently.

"Diana!" Adam choked.

"Its all my fault, Adam." I said without turning behind.

"No, Diana! I need he-"

"Enough Adam," I turned around and saw Adam with bloodshot eyes, chest going up and down, "Oh god, Adam hang in there!"

"Doctor, help! Adam can't breathe!" I ran out of the room kept screaming for a doctor or a nurse and luckily, three nurses saw me and zoomed into the room I was about to go into the room but one of the nurse told me to stay outside. I sat down outside the door, sobbing uncontrollably and after an hour or so, the same nurse who told me to stay outside came out with a sad face.

"Nurse! How is he? Is he okay?" I asked without hesitation. Please, Adam, you can do this.

The nurse placed her hand on my shoulder. "I'm so sorry, honey." She then walked away.

"No, no it can't be!" I cried. I ran into the room, greeted by the other nurses and Adam, lying peacefully on the bed.

"Adam?" I said, trying my luck. No response. I turned to the nurses. "He's okay, isn't he?" I forced myself a smile, tears rolling down my cheeks. Both of them dared not to look at me.

"Is Adam Finley okay?" I asked one last time.

"I'm sorry honey," one of them finally said, "he passed on."

~~~~~~~~~~••~~~~~~~~~

A/N: Hey guys.

I hope I made you waste tissues! Nah just kidding.
Poor Diana. And if you readers want to know, it is based on true story, as said in chapter one.

I feel bad if i made u guys cry but I DONT CARE HAHAAH maybe to you guys is just a story, but to me its much more

ok thats all for now

OH WAIT IM GOING FOR A SCH OVERSEAS TRIP! i wont be updating as soon as u guys think

ok thats all for now HAHA

Adios!

follow me on tumblr!

k1ller-j0y.tumblr.com

Share • Love • Believe