17

In the western regions of Vale, on a fairly cloudy day, a large train rushes across the tracks. Traveling to wherever it needs to be with its occupants inside through a small mountain field.

This type of train is greatly abnormal compared to others. First off, the height of it is equal to that of a three story building. Making it extremely large. There seems to be a total of eight cars attached. All heavily armored from roof to wheels. At the very back, the caboose seems to be fitted with a large AA gun. With all this metal, it's astounding the train is moving at high speeds.

Over all, this train is a fortress on tracks.

Far ahead, on top of an over passing cliff to the left, Pyrrha and Penny lay in wait for the train. The android keeping her advanced tech eyes on the tracks ahead as the half Grimm just waits behind her. Sharpening the edge around her shield with a whetstone she found. Patiently waiting to acquire this artifact that Father wants.

Penny keeps gazing out at the far distance where the train should be coming from. Her mechanical pupils adjusting and readjusting to zoom in, detect heat signatures, or any form of movement. Red retinas flickering on and off between settings.

Penny: Friend Pyrrha, what do you think this artifact is that Father wants?

Pyrrha: He never said. My best guess is that it's something old or powerful for him to know of. It could be one of the four relics for all I know. However, us knowing what it is doesn't matter. He wants it. We'll get it.

The abnormally pale red head goes back to sharpening her shield. Intent on leaving the conversation there.

The literally soulless ginger that is Penny goes back to focusing on spotting the train. Thinking on whether to get Ruby a box of cookies or a diamond encrusted sniper rifle to cheer her up. Maybe one of those fudge filled cookies she's heard about, or that new TR-17 dust shard launcher. Decisions, deci-

Several miles ahead, coming from around a hill, the train they have been waiting for has finally been spotted. Easily seen with Penny's modified vision.

Penny: Found it! Eighty miles out! Estimated arrival time: Three minutes.

Pyrrha quickly tosses the whetstone aside and makes her way next to Penny. Looking ahead, she can barely see the train so far off with her own eyes.

Pyrrha: Any idea on which car has the artifact?

Penny: Most likely it is in the very center with the heavily armored car and no windows. If we can get on the train, I can try to scan for any strange energy waves. Oh look, I can see one of our friends down there!

Caught off guard from what Penny just said at the end, Pyrrha makes her way behind her. Lifting up a port in the back of the android's head, she peers into the now makeshift goggles and sees what Penny sees. Just as she said, there is a familiar individual right there. A somewhat tiny image of her, but that blonde figure is recognizable.

Yang. Standing nonchalantly on the roof of the second to last car.

What surprises the Grimm amazonian most of all is seeing another blond figure she recognizes. Her former team leader, Jaune, coming out from a hatch nearby. He says something that catches Yang's attention. Making her return inside.

Pyrrha takes several steps back in shock. Not even remotely prepared for what she saw. Her friends... on the same train Penny and herself have to attack. Could she even do this? Fight the people she has befriended during her time at Beacon? Back when she was... not murdered.

Penny: One minute till arrival.

Pyrrha doesn't know what to do. It would be great to meet up with them again. Given the current circumstances, however, this won't end with hugs and warm welcomes. Is this what a panic attack feels like for Pyrrha? Because she's getting one from her conflicted emotions. On one hand; she could reconnect with them. Maybe get help for what has happened to her. On the other hand; she can follow Father's orders and.... Father.