Chapter 1: So, The Empress dies.

Welcome back guyss~! As per the most votes, The Empress' Redemption shall be my next fanfic! I gave some sneak peeks in the last chapter of my Knb (The Ace of Diamond) fanfic but do note that I've decided to change some stuff so the sneak peeks might not be 100% accurate.

This plot of reviving and turning back time was an idea given by @GuiltyAbyss when I ran out of creative juices!

At first, I was a bit unsure if I should write this because getting Akashi's personality down is too hard TT^TT. Still, I decided to and that's when I realize a bigger problem.

A revival plot is too hard to pen it down TT^TT! There's 2 timelines to note (one before she dies and the other after she revives and turns back time)! If it starts getting a bit confusing do tell me and yup I'll do my best writing so have fun reading~!

As usual, I do not own any of the characters and the pictures except my oc and some other characters.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Third POV

"You've lost."

His voice was awfully cold and void of any emotion as he stared down at the figure on the floor.

"So I have."

Despite fallen, she kept every bits of her dignity as a small smile graced her lips.

"Why?"

Her eyes widened in surprise and his narrowed as though trying to see past her facade.

"'Why?' What a strange question you're asking, Akashi Seijuro. I lost merely because I wasn't strong enough. Against you, that was all I ever amounted to. Is this answer satisfactory enough to your liking?"

The Empress slowly pushed herself up but before she has even steadied herself, the Emperor had already pulled her towards him with eyes that were holding back rare frustration.

"You know that was not what I meant!" He was growling out in a low tone. "I'm asking why you held back your strength. Kei... What about our bet?"

She shook his hand off and dusted herself with perfect elegance. Then, when she finally met his eyes, he saw the bits of sorrow she was trying desperately to hide from him.

"You've won the bet too then. I can only say Sei, I apologize for being late and... please, stay happy."

With those last words, she turned and left.

Before leaving the court, her eyes found the figure of the petite girl sitting on the benches, the girl who had, one moment, been cheering their victory and now, feeling her stare, refused to meet her eyes.

'In the end... to think it is your hands I've fallen into... how laughable is that, my dear sister?'

The Empress has fallen.

That news circulated fully in the basketball world within minutes and countless people fell down in despair. The only one who could have kept all of the GoM in check, the only one who could have changed all of them.

The only one who could have won.

But instead, against The Emperor, it seems...

The Empress has fallen after all.

Under the cloudless sky, a homeless man in his early fifties sat at a bridge with his usual fortune-telling stall opened and empty.

Keiko Rei walked down the familiar path and sat down beside the man in his dirty rags.