What He Did To You

Muselk's POV:

I stood by the doorway, watching the sunset through a little patch of window. I was home alone with Kath. Bazz, Cray, and Marcus had visited Los Angeles for a convention, whereas I stayed in the house editing videos, eating junk food, and occasionally raging. I had just finished filming a three-hour video that I somehow managed to cut down to about 20 minutes. I heard a door shut behind me, and I turned to see Kath standing in the hallway. I shifted my body slightly to match her frame. I approached her smiling, asking if she wanted any coffee. However, as I got closer I could see silent tears streaming down her face. My smile subsided to a neutral frown. "What's- what's wrong?", I asked stuttering. She looked off in the distance with her mouth slightly opened, and we stood there for a few seconds until she finally spoke. "He... he cheated on me." With those words I suddenly changed from confused to sympathetic. I was still baffled, but now with a bit of understanding. However, I was quite shocked. I realized I was standing there like an idiot, so I stepped closer, reaching out my arms. She fell into them, wrapping hers around my neck, holding tightly. I understood what she felt. I had just gotten out of a relationship that lasted over a year. I, too felt the heart-wrenching pain of losing love, but I couldn't imagine being in her position. I just stood there, holding her in my arms. The sun had finished setting, and the room took on a shade of dusty gray. I realized that my hand was holding the back of her head, and I stroked her hair gently. I slowly released her from my arms. Her eyes looked innocently up at me. Everything was quiet. Her eyes were frozen on mine. I brushed a piece of her dark brown hair behind her ear. She then shook her head quickly as if waking up from a daze. She realized something, but I'm not sure what. She released a quick sigh, sniffled, and then looked away. "Coffee sounds good."