The Night Is Still Young

Kath's POV:

The music is blaring and the strobe lights flash by, stunning me. The room seems to be spinning and I feel myself getting dizzier as the clock ticks. About half of the party members invited are here, which is still an alarming amount. I look down at my feet to see red solo cups and mini umbrellas scattered around on the floor, but suddenly two feet approach me. I look up to see Marcus. "Hey", he said with a half-drunken grin. I politely respond with a half-sincere, "Hello". He kisses my cheek and went on with his ridiculous antics. Part of the reason I questioned my relationship with him was that party culture seemed more familiar to him than a regular social scene. Marcus was never one for subtlety. Everything he did was in a big, extravagant way. He drank a ton, partied too hard, and he cheated. Oh god, I can't stop thinking about that. I could feel myself swaying once again, so I began looking for a place to sit and rest. When will this night end?

Muselk's POV:

I glanced around the room to see if there were any familiar faces. I found a few, but none that I was particularly interested in socializing with. "Elliot!", a voice exclaimed behind me. A beautiful girl with short, curly hair stood beside me. Her ebony skin and hazel eyes immediately received my full attention. However, this face wasn't a new one. "Em!", I responded, hugging the girl. I asked her how she had been and she told me she was doing well. Naturally, I offered her a drink and walked to the table of bottles to pour her a cup of soda. We talked for a bit at the mini bar and she told me about her career, and I did the same. "It's been so long Elliot." The girl bit her lip and looked down at her lap. I grinned, remembering the time we spent together. Emily and I had dated for a couple moths after I broke things off with Liv. It was a short-term relationship, but one I couldn't forget. The music grew louder, as my stomach began to turn in knots. Emily looked back at the rest of the party, and lightly chuckled. "Time for some shots?" I laughed a little. "I suppose. The night is still young."