Just A Moment

Kath's POV:

What am I doing? This is so unlike me. Hooking up with someone the day after getting out of a long-term relationship. Is this who I am? I couldn't help but wonder if the reason I was doing this was because I was sad, lonely, or maybe seeking attention. But all of that doubtful feeling washed away when I looked down into his eyes, which were staring up at me. I was still on his lap, straddling him. His soft, caring face looked at mine in a certain way Marcus' never could. However, I decided to slow things down a bit, so I stood up. I think he understood what I was feeling because he looked like he felt it too. We weren't ready- we needed to preserve this genuine connection.

Muselk's POV:

How dumb am I? What was I doing? She's probably thinking that I was trying to take advantage of her in one of her saddest times. I never intended to hurt her, and I'm worried that's just what I had done. I stood up as well. I followed her in the kitchen with my empty bowls of popcorn and ice cream, and placed them in the sink. The rain had subsided, so I walked out onto the deck and watched the beautiful night sky and brilliant stars. To my surprise, Kath followed. I decided to speak first. "I'm sorry." I looked down at my feet. She glared at me in confusion, "Why?" What did she mean by 'why'? "Because of back there... that's- that's not who I am, and I'm sorry. I just don't want you to think-." She cut me off, "It was both of us. It was both of us getting caught up in a moment." I clearly looked disappointed. It really was just a moment. It wasn't anything more than 'a moment'.

Kaths POV:

But what if it wasn't 'just a moment', I thought to myself.