I've Never Stopped

Elliot's POV:
I watched her as she swiftly exited the restaurant. I watched as she left him sitting there. It somehow reminded me of a familiar night. I could smell the intensity of the rain from inside. That night we were alone, but the rain now wasn't filled with the same energy. The passion- it was there, but something else was as well. Jealousy? Greed? Was it... Love? I glared across the room. Marcus was sitting alone staring at his phone. How does he treat you Kath? Does he treat you in the way you deserve? I yearned to ask her. But  something stopped me from moving away from my table. As much as I wanted to walk out the door after her, I could not. The passion was toxic. One taste and I would crave more. Kath, I've been craving more ever sense I last saw you. And yet I remain at my table, but now I debated giving in to my urges. Walking out of that door? The only one stopping me was my conscience. That, and a fear of loving you. I've never stopped that as well.

Kath's POV:
My hair started to soak in the soft rain. The sound was familiar. I looked into the window of the restaurant at couples staring into each other's eyes. And then I saw me. My reflection staring back at me. She's judging me. And for the first time, she doesn't want to wear this ring upon her finger. It doesn't feel right. It fits differently now. As I looked into my eyes I questioned so much of my life. This morning I kissed my soulmate's cheek. I made him breakfast. But now I wonder if I was lying. Have I been lying?Elliot, come outside. I need to see you. I need to touch you. As I listen to the patter of the rain, I can still hear your heavy breaths on my neck as you whispered my name. I think back to that night, and the thrill returns. No! Kath, what are you thinking? Are you insane? As I tried my best to subdue my temptations, I heard the bell of the restaurant door ring.