Just A Secret

Muselk's POV:

It's the day following "the incident", which means it's also the day Marcus and the boys come home from their trip. I don't know how this is gonna go over, but god, do I hope I'm not involved.

Kath's POV;

Although I hate to admit it, I'm scared about today. I don't know what I'm gonna say to Marcus. I hate him! I swear to god, when I see him I'm gonna- I paused my thought. I saw Elliot sitting on the couch with a bowl of cereal. I was still drying my hair with a towel. "I didn't expect you to be up so early Elliot." He put his bowl down. "Oh, yeah. Sorry. To be honest I didn't sleep." I reassured him that it was fine, and went on to making myself some toast. I began spreading the butter when Elliot spoke. "Um... going back to what I said last night, I just wanted to say... I... I'm sorry." I peered over at him staring down at his hands. He scratched the back of his neck. He asked, "Whatdya say we forget last night ever happened?" I agreed with him, but I couldn't shake the overwhelming feeling of disappointment. Does he really just want to forget? Was he making a mistake? Was I? For whatever the reason, I knew it was best to keep what happened between us a secret for the time being. I sat in the chair next to the couch with my coffee and toast. "It'll be our secret", I said. But what happened the other night, I thought, wasn't just a secret.

All of the sudden, I heard a knock on the door.