Making A Home

>2 years later<

After the encounter between Elliot and Kath, which ended in an unforgettable kiss and Elliot leaving his friends forever, Kath fell into a deep sadness. She couldn't see it before, but clear as day, it hit her. She thought back to every moment with Elliot. Whenever she was happy with Marcus, it was because Elliot was right there next to her. She regretted so much in her life. It didn't seem fair. Following Elliott's resignation from Click, the team swiftly broke apart. As they moved their separate ways, Kath and Marcus had made up and moved in together. Kath, who'd preferred to settle rather than be lonely, took him back after hours of him begging. Communications with the other members of the Click house had been less than minimal, and completely nonexistent with Elliot.

Kath's POV:
I shuffled through my purse and grabbed the key to our front door. Finally stepping into the house, I shouted, "I'm home! Could you help with the rest of the groceries?" I heard a distant response. "Sure thing one sec." As I entered the kitchen, Marcus approached me and kissed my head.
"The rest are in the trunk?"
"Back seat."
Moments later he came in the door with the remaining bags. Kissing my cheek and grabbing my waist, he whispered in my ear.
"What's for dinner?"
"Not sure- I was thinking we could have the chicken from the freezer?"
He smiled and looked at me sincerely. Or, you could shower, get dressed up, put on that sexy red dress, and let me take you out to dinner? We could try that new fancy Italian place you've been dying to go to."
I blushed.
"Only if you unpack the rest of the bags", I said.
Giving me one last kiss, he took the bags from my hands and said "deal".
I walked upstairs to our master bathroom and looked in the mirror. I let down my hair and started to slip off my clothes slowly. I turned the handle of the faucet, releasing steaming hot water from above. Just before stepping in, I remembered to take off my ring, and place it on the vanity. Marcus had proposed to me a year after having moved in together. I said yes, obviously and we've been happier than ever since then. I sometimes thought of how my life could've been different. But, never have I had a doubt about Marcus. He'd really changed for the better, and I respect him for that. Sure we fight occasionally, but what healthy relationship doesn't have some level of conflict? We had bought a house for ourselves, and out of it, we made a home. After my shower I walked to my room and put on my outfit. I slipped on my ring and grabbed my purse before heading to the car. Upon arriving to the restaurant, I peered up at the elegant sky, full of stars.
"Aren't they lovey tonight?"
Marcus gazed up.
"Yeah I suppose it's a fairly clear night."
We walked through the door of the restaurant, only to be greeted by sounds of slow classical music and the smell of delicious foods. The low lights casted mysterious shadows over the diners, despite the shining glow of the chandeliers above. As we walk towards our seat in the far corner of the restaurant, I glance across the room, and what I saw just about killed me.