Why Him?

Kath's POV:

After a long night of tossing and turning, I awake to the sound of my obnoxious phone alarm. I groan, and hesitantly pick it up. I was about to extend my alarm by 10 minutes when I notice an unusual amount of tweets, messages, and notifications. That's weird. I opened the first text. It was from Tannar, a close friend of mine. It read, "Kath did you see the tweet yet?" And then another said, "So... are you gonna take him back??" Clearly confused, I opened Twitter. At the top of my feed showed a tweet from Marcus at 2:00 AM last night. " Dear Kathh I jus waned you to kno tHa I'm sorry For cheting on u and take Me back pls?!" I could tell from the horrible spelling that the bastard must've gotten blacked out drunk last night and posted this. How could he do this? Exposing this personal conflict for the world to see? I stood up and quickly put on my slippers, grabbed my phone, and head out the door, boiling with anger.

Muselk's POV:

I heard Kath's alarm go off in the room next door. She must've gotten out of bed fast, because I heard the door slam just a second ago. I think it's pretty funny how she always sets that alarm for 7:30 and then always ends up waking up at 9:00! I yawn, but am suddenly startled by the loud screaming coming from a few doors down. I hurry out of bed and investigate. The ruckus is coming from Marcus's room! What did the jerk do this morning? I open the door a bit to see Kath standing in front of him holding her phone. Their tone changes a bit, as they continue to yammer on, but at a lower volume. I could tell that Kath had been crying, due to her nasally voice. I decide not to get involved, so I head down the hall into the kitchen to grab a cup of coffee. As I begin to brew a pot, the noise almost completely comes to a halt. I start to whistle, and turn on the news. I realize that I had left my phone in my bedroom, and as I walk down the hall I can't help but peer in on the two. My eyes cannot believe what they're seeing. The two are hugging. How could a self-respecting person like Kath go back to a dirt bag like him. He cheated on her, and not a week later she's letting him comfort her? So this is really how it is? The welds of my eyes burn with tears and I can feel myself getting agitated. However, instead of acting upon these feelings, I simply walk into my room, grab my phone and sit on the couch with the overwhelming sensation of despair. Why him?