8. Addiction

Author's Note

Sorry for the late post but I had trouble with this chapter. Here it is.

________

Mid December 2010...

Bruno's POV

Jess answers almost immediately. "Hi Bruno," she says sweetly. "I was just thinking about you."

"Oh yeah?" I inquire smirking as G curls up beside me on the couch.

"Yeah..." she starts to say something but her voice trails off. She whispers something under her breath but I don't quite catch it.

"What were you going to say? I heard something."

"It's...nothing, nevermind."

"No, I want to hear what you were going to say," I half whine trying to tease an answer out of her.

"It's childish," she says laughing a little. "I can't believe I was actually gonna say it."

"Say what?"

"I miss you." I smile and lean back into my couch.

"Se-" I interrupt her gently.

"I miss you too Jess." I hear her laugh. "I was actually calling to see of you'd like to go out for lunch at that popular sushi place."

"I'd love to."

"Alright, I'll pick you up in the next hour; how about around twelve thirty?"

"Sounds good, see you soon Bruno."

As I set my phone down I find myself smiling. I stand and begin scouring my closet for something to wear. After an excessive amount of searching, I come up with a white Hawaiian with pink and green flowers, black jeans, brown oxfords and my plain black fedora. I walk into my bathroom and open the cabinet in search of my favorite cologne. My eyes settle on body spray can that reads, cherry blossom; my mind takes hold of Lacey and suddenly I can feel her presence, a familiar sense of warmth, understanding and something more. I can almost hear the sound of her voice echoing off the tiles as she sings to herself in the shower. I massage my forehead and eyes as though such a simple action may evict her from my mind but she has been living there for so long, I don't think she'll ever move. I shake the thoughts around and make the effort to stop thinking about her. Jessica. I repeat to myself; Jessica is who I'm with...she's the woman in my life now.

________

Lacey's POV

Later about mid afternoon...

"Delancy," I call lazily from my bed.

"Yes?" she answers in an agitated tone as she picks up a pen to sign her latest pay check.

"Are you on tonight?"

"Yes."

"Are Madison and Phoebe on too?"

"No they're not on, why?"

"Perfect," I say quickly. I grab my phone and dial Maddie's number. She picks up immediately.

"Hey girl, I miss you; it seems like I don't even see you anymore between Angel and your new job."

"Yeah, I miss you too girl, it gets pretty hectic," I pause. "I was wondering if you would mind doing me a favor."

"Not at all, what you have in mind?"

"Could you keep Angel for the night? I want to go out and I don't have anyone to watch him for me."