Interview

Once, a man went for an interview to the head office of the company he had applied in. He entered the premises to see a very beautiful lawn. There were flowers everywhere, the grass was lush green and there were birds in the branches.

The man was yet admiring the beauty when he suddenly saw a water hose which hadn't been turned off. The water was spilling everywhere.

The man frowned and then turned the water off.

Going on, he saw that the elevators were faulty. The interview was at the third floor so there was no problem taking the stairs. But as he started the ascend, he saw that even though it was broad day light, the lights had been left on. There was literally no need for them at the hour. So the man found the switch and before he landed on the platform, he switched the lights off.

When he arrived at the office, he got directed towards a waiting room as there were other people here to apply too. When the man entered the waiting room, he saw that a few people were sitting by the front of the room, but the fans on the back where on too. The ones in the front didn't need the rear fans, so the man turned them off and joined the other applicants. They told him that the interview had not started yet.

A few minutes later, despite the fact that the others were here first, he got called in the office. And the very instant he sat down the panel asked him when he would like to join.

"You didn't even interview me." The man pointed out.

"There's no need." The head of the panel informed him with a smile. Then he told him that the water hose, the light in the stairs, the fans in the waiting hall were left on on purpose.

"No one else cared that they had been left like that. They looked at the obstacles, and then turned away. Some didn't even look at them. We were monitoring through cameras. And you were the only one who thought of turning them off. That's what we need for this post— a person who notices such minor details, and then acts on them. A person who doesn't think of any problem or situation as minor."

The man smiled. Hegot the job, and then came back home glad. But before going home, he went to the graveyard where his late father was buried.

He went to the grave, and told his father what had happened. Then he said, "dear father, I got the job today. All because of you. If you hadn't scolded me when o was young about not leaving things unattended, and wasting water and energy, I might not have had this job today. Thank you so much father. Thank you so much for scolding me."

What did we learn? When our parents tell us to do something, they do it for our own good. Now,  we don't know that it's for the better. But tomorrow, we will realise that, that continues yelling and ordering around were for no one else's good but our own. It hurts now to go back and turn off the fan, or pick up the plates after you eat, but this little hurt is worth the dignity you will earn later.

Just remember that our parents love and care for us more than themselves. They don't mean us harm. They're not making us slaves. What ever they do is for our own good.

~•|•~