Ch.14|Friends with Plants and Bandaids|

"Ai' Good hurry up," I say. "School is almost starting and we won't make it in time. Pick up the pace." I said as I walked quickly so Ai' Good would too as well. We all know that never works and he always stays behind.

"I'm too... sleepy and tired... to walk," he said. I grabbed him by the arm and dragged him to the flower shop or else will get there tomorrow. As we were going to enter a poster caught my attention. I stopped in my tracks causing Ai' Good to bump into me.

"Can, what... the heck," he muttered .

It was a hiring sign which made a lightbulb go off in my head.

Help Wanted

"This place is hiring?! And it's so close to my house. I've been wanting to get a job. Now is my chance to get one Ai' Good," I say as I lean over to it to read it.

"You're gonna... work here?" Ai' Good asked in disbelief.

What's that supposed to mean?

"Ai'Good I have to teach you a lesson," I say as a grabbed him by the shoulders. "In this world you have to make money by any means necessary to survive and to get some new soccer shoes. Even if it means working at a flower shop," I preached as I looked off to the sky.

"Ohh...," he says agreeing with me and I nod to him. Like I've said I'm a wise person.

"I'll show you how it's done," I said as I marched in and Ai'Good stayed outside.

___
[Outside] 10 minutes later...

"Told you I would get it!" I said as I came out rushing out with a plant and a job application. "Well not really since they haven't accepted me but still!"

"You're gonna get... fired on the first day," Ai'Good said.

"Stop being so pessimistic. Haven't you learn that from me. I will do great and earn enough money to buy my soccer shoes," I said.

We began to walk toward school.

"Plus I do like plants. Look how cute this is," I said as I outstretched the plant toward him.

Ai'Good rolled his eyes.

"What time is it," I asked as I remembered we were going to school. Hanging outside before school makes you want to go less now.

"7:45," Ai' Good said.

My eyes popped out.

"Shit! Hurry up, Ai' Good! We're gonna be late!" I shout as I began to ran.

"Wait! Can your... shoelace!" I heard Ai' Good shout.

Too late since the next thing I knew the plant I bought was shattered on the ground and felt a growing pain on my knee and left hand.

I got a scab on my knee and on my hand.

I winced.

"Are you... okay?" Ai'Good said as he rushed over to me and knelt down.

"Yeah. It's not like I just tripped," I said as I got up and hit Ai' Good for the stupid comment.

"Well that was embarrassing. Hope
no one saw that," I said as limped to get up and wiped my butt off.

Screech

Beep

We both gasped and looked over to the car. Oh boy here comes another scolding.

Please don't be a grown up or teacher.

"Hey! Shorty! Why are you on the middle of the road! I could've hur-" a voice said as he stopped himself mid sentence. He walked angrily out of the car and slammed the door.