Chapter 18 |He was thinking about you|

[Tuesday]

Ai'Good came up to me and I knew I was making him awkward. He didn't run up to me and put his arms on my shoulders like he usually does. He always keeps his distance when he knows someone is feeling down or not in the mood. I like that about him. He can quickly read others. And I'm starting to feel bad for not being happy and hyper as I always am.

"Sorry for being weird lately. I know I haven't been myself these past few weeks. I just don't want to talk about what happened yesterday okay," I say as I looked down at my shoes and fidgeted with them. 

"It's okay, Can. I'll be with you during your good times and bad times. That's why we're best friends," Ai' Good said.

I looked up to him and nodded still ashamed. I do speak up and share my thoughts with anyone but I didn't like talking about my bad feelings with others.

"Do you need a hug? You always give me
one whenever I look down," Ai' Good suggested. This made me smile. Yeah. That is something I would do.

We hugged. He was quite awkward when doing it since Ai' Good isn't the touchy-feeling type. I hugged back tightly anyway. Then he patted my shoulder when backing away from the hug and nodded his head while looking at me with his same vacant stare.

I laughed at the utter discomfort written on his face.

"Ahh... bro moment," he says and laughs.

"Yes, only a bro moment," I laugh.

"Come on, let's go to the lunch. Everyone is waiting there," Ai' Good said which made me stop in my tracks.

I don't want to bring down others with my mood so I had to come up with a quick excuse to not go.

"Uh... okay. You go on first and I'll meet you guys in a minute. I need to take a shit," I say.

This widen Ai' Good's eyes.

"Eh, why are you surprise? Humans take shits and I always say that," I laugh.

"Can, bro. That's not something you should say out loudly especially in front of the ladies," Ai' Good whispered in my ear and pointed at the group of girls that where giving us bad stares.

Since when did Ai' Good care about what other girls thought about him.

"Ai' Good you're really growing up," I said as I faked wipe a tear.

"Shut up," he said.

"It's fine. I'm quiet disinterested in them right now. Go already. It's coming out I feel it. I
feel it. I shouldn't have ate that yesterday," I quickly went away from the situation.

[5 minutes later]

[Ai: Good] Can, are you almost done? Are you constipated?

Poor toilet :.(

____________________

I left him on read and put my phone back in my pocket. From the corner of my eye I could see that Pete was coming toward my table.

"Huh, what's Pete doing here?" I mumble to myself.

"Sorry to interrupt. May I sit?" Pete asked.

"Sure but Ae isn't here," I say.

"No, this isn't about Ae. It's about you, Can," Pete said.

"Huh, me. What did I do now?" I say.

"Nothing," he chuckled. "Why do you always think like that Can? I came because I wanted to talk to you about Tin," Pete said.