Ch.16 |The Plant of Truce|

"Hey, Can, is that you," a familiar voice said.

"Oi, Kat, what's up," I said.

I noticed I wasn't my usually shy self like I always was around her.

"I wanted to thank you for painting for me," Kat said. "Why aren't you going the other way silly. The exit is this way," she said as she noticed I was avoiding the main exit.

"Wait no," I said under my breathe as she turned me around.

"I was wondering if you can take my shift again. Please pretty please," she said as she grabbed my arms slightly resting her chest on me. The old me would've told me to not think any dirty thoughts and my cheeks would've been bright red. It's not the first time she's rested her breasts on me. Why am I not feeling anything anymore?

What the fuck Can?! You always go crazy when this happens. Do you have blue balls or something!!

I shift my gaze from her breast to her eyes and was met with her smirk. She knew what she was doing but what usually would work on me is now struggling to work now.

"I need to babysit my little brother again," she said and pouted.

From the corner of my eye I could see Tin. He fixed his position as he leaned against his car and fixed his eyes on us. He seemed to be glaring and in a bad mood but when isn't he.

"Fuck," I said and quickly hid behind Kat since we met eyes.

"Excuse me," Kat said with a shocked face and stopped in her footsteps.

Shit. Kat heard me curse. Her image of me is ruined. Good one, Can.

I began to think if I actually still cared about what she thought of me. For the first time when I ever was around her, I didn't feel a need to act perfect.

"Sorry that wasn't meant for you. Keep talking until I get to my bike," I said walking stealthily as I used her body as an armor.

"Okay... So are you up for it? The theatre crew said you did a great job," she said. She's totally lying through that smile. I suck at art. Even tracing and I don't know how that's possible.

"Sure. Sure. Alright I'll do it," I said as I quickly got on to my bike. I just wanted to flee the scene so I wasn't really thinking. All my attention was on Tin and not my crush that was right in front of me.

"Okay thanks," she cooed and left.

It was now only me and Tin left. I have to think up something quick to leave Tin's wrath.

He's been waiting all day for you Can. Of course he'll be pissed. Wonder what he wants though? Is is when I said he can always talk to me if something was troubling him? What if he wants to talk to me about something serious?

I should go...

I scratch my head.

Why did you even say that in the first place stupid?!

I don't care about him!

Tin crossed his arms and waited for me to do something.

"Sorry I need to feed my... Dog. I have a dog!" I shout loud for Tin to hear as I ignore his gaze and look onto the road. I mean it's not a total lie. I do have a dog.

_______

[Three days later]

Three days have passed and I'm still trying to avoid Tin. I stealthily maneuver my way on campus to not run into him.