Chapter 16 - Christmas

Hermione's POV

After all the trials I felt better. I felt like I could get back to being my normal self. Lucius was returning from his business trip today and it was also Christmas Eve.

I never really was a fan of Christmas. But because it's my first Christmas with my real family, I thought I should get into the Christmas spirit.

A few weeks ago on a Hogsmead trip I bought everyones Christmas presents and I wrapped them when I got back to the dorm.

It was noon by the time Lucius arrived home, the five of us ate together before going to the attic to get down the Christmas decorations.

Narcissa and I decorated the tree whilst Blaise worked on the entry hall, Lucius worked on the dining room and Draco and Blaise worked on the living room.

The tree looked so beautiful. We went for a red theme to make it feel more Christmassy, in comparison to the elegant white the Malfoy's usually settled with.

Christmas Eve flew by

Christmas Eve flew by. Draco Blaise and I cuddled up and watched Christmas movies and drank hot chocolate that night. We all fell asleep at around about midnight.

"Children wake up.... ITS CHRISTMAS!!!!" I was rudely awaken to Lucius jumping up and down on my bed. I lifted my head off of Draco's shoulder and yawned. Lucius dragged all three of us out of bed. I was still too sleepy to have half the motivation that Lucius had in that moment

I turned to Draco, who was sat on the edge of my bed. "Is he always up and eager this early on Christmas?" Draco looked to the floor still half asleep and nodded. Blaise stood up and stretched and then left to get dressed. I looked at the clock 5:25am. I sighed.

Draco stood up and gave me a kiss on the cheek "Merry Christmas 'Mione."

I smiled "merry Christmas Draco." Draco left my room.

I quickly hopped in the shower and used a spell to dry and curl my hair. I put on a Christmassy outfit and left my room.

Hermiones outfit ^^^^

I walked into the living room to see that everyone was there and looking more awake. I smiled to them all. "Merry Christmas." I said to them.

"Merry Christmas darling." Narcissa replied.

We spent the morning exchanging gifts. I had gotten multiple new books, which I was so excited to read from Lucius. Some new outfits from Narcissa, they were so beautiful and elegant. Blaise got me lots of sweets. And draco got me a new necklace. It was a silver necklace with a snake on it. I loved it.

Everyone else opened their gifts and they loved them

After we finished opening presents and we cleaned up all the paper, it was around dinner time and so we all went into the dining room and ate the food that Narcissa had prepared. It was amazing however after we ate we were all in food comas. We helped clear up after the food and then moved back into the living room to spend the rest of the night playing games as a family.

'This is where I belong', I thought, 'this is my family'.

———-
I'm sorry I know I've literally not updated in FOREVER. Literally over a year. There's just been so much going on in my life. I don't want to bore you with the details but I lost someone very close to me in September 2019. My mum grew her wings and she's in a better place now. And now I've been diagnosed with an autoimmune disease that's incurable so yeah it kinda sucks.
I've also had a fat writers block and I've not updated any of my books in so long. I'll try. Sorry if it takes a while tho :))

And PLEASE if you have any suggestions on what the next few chapters should be I'm open to it. I have no idea where this story should go. I'm honestly open to suggestions.