Chapter 17 - Last day in Hogwarts

Our final year was coming to an end, there was to be a ball and a graduation ceremony held in our honour. It was sad yet exciting to be moving on with our lives. We would all soon be working in full time jobs being paid and having families of our own.

Speaking of jobs, I had been offered a number of different positions in the ministry to lead departments and I'd had a few offers to work at hogwarts. I'd been offered the same position my dad had, potions master, I wanted the job because in a way it would make me closer to my dad. However, most of these teachers have been teaching here since they were my age, they don't have children, they don't have husbands or wives, and I want that I want a family. So if that means never teaching at hogwarts then so be it.

The graduation ceremony ended in tears and a silence for all of our friends lost during our years here. Draco stayed by my side through it all. I really do love him. I could see a future with him and I'm happy. Mcgonagal stood up to the stage.

"Students, I would just like to say what an honour it has been to watch you all grow up and become the men and women you have become today. Yes some of us had rocky starts," she looked towards some of the Slytherins, there were a few chuckles, "but this year group have had the most remarkable, hard working students Hogwarts has ever seen. I have watched unexpected friendships and relationships blossom," she looked at Draco and me, "and I just want you all to know how proud I am of you all. Well done, and Good Luck."

Everyone started to applaud. Draco hugged me close into his side. We were allowed to roam the castle for one last time before we got on the train and left hogwarts behind. Draco and I went on a stroll in the moonlight down by the black lake. We stopped in front of it and just looked across the still water.

"Hermione?" Draco said in a quiet voice.

"Yes Draco," I replied.

"Everything's changing. Not that it's a bad thing, it's changing for the better. We have our whole future ahead of us. You are honestly the most amazing person I have ever met in my life. You showed me love when I didn't deserve it. You've seen me at my lowest point and still loved me. You're perfect. There's only one thing I'd like to change about you." He said. I was kind of shocked was there something wrong do I need to change.

"What needs to be changed." I asked in confusion. He smirked.

"Your last name." He said getting down on one knee. My hands went up to my mouth and my eyes welled with tears.

"Hermione Lilly Snape, will you marry me?"

————

Honestly a massive thank you to addy151 I honestly wouldn't have written this chapter without your last comment with ideas so thank you ☺️