Chapter 28

Izzy's POV

Nash was taking awhile with the food. I sat there watching Cam. "Please wake up?" I asked. It was probably the 100th time I asked that today. "I need you. Especially now. My whole world is falling apart. Jack won't even talk to me. And you make me happy. You make me laugh. And I need that right now. I need you right now. Cameron just wake up!" I hid my face in his chest and began to cry. Then something happened. I felt Cameron's arms wrap around me. I looked up and saw his eyes open. "Hey beautiful. I missed you." He said. I started crying again, but this time it was from happiness. "You're alive!" I yelled. He laughed at my excitement. I squeezed him as hard as I could without hurting him. "I can't believe it! You're okay. You're awake! Oh, thank you God. Thank you so much." "Calm down." He said laughing. "I can't!" I screamed. "Oh my gosh. I have to get Nash. He's downstairs. I'll be right back. Are you okay alone for a second?" Cameron nodded and I ran out of the room.

Nash's POV

I was sitting in the cafeteria. I had a tray of food but I wasn't eating. I was thinking about Cam. That's when Izzy ran in, almost tripping. "Hey slow down." I said getting up. "What's going on?" She had the biggest smile on her face. "He's awake." She said. My mouth dropped open. I was then filled with happiness and all my worries went away. My best friend was back. Izzy and I ran up to the room and when I walked in, Cam was smiling at me. "Hey, man. How's it going?" I laughed at how calm he was. I hugged him and told him how much I missed him. "I missed you too." He said. "We have to tell everyone!" Izzy exclaimed. I grabbed my phone and began dialing.

Hayes POV

"Hello?" I said still half asleep. "Hey it's Nash. I've got some news. It's about Cameron." I instantly thought of the worst scenario. "Oh my God. He's dead, isn't he? Shit. This can't happen-" "No!" Nash said. "So is he okay?" I asked confused. "Oh he's more then okay." Nashe responded. "He's awake." "Yes!" I screamed. I hung up the phone and Cheyenne and I got a cab to the hospital.

Izzy's POV

I called everyone else and told them about Cameron. They were all thrilled about the good news, and were heading down here right now. Cheyenne and Hayes got here first. Hayes hugged him and then started yelling at him about how mad he was. Why would it be Cameron's fault? After Hayes left the room, I asked Cameron. "I was drinking." He confessed. "What?!" I screamed. "You could've died! What would all the guys do? What would Nash do? He couldn't live without you. He's your best friend. What would I do? I couldn't live one day on this earth without you." "Really?" He interrupted. "Of course." I replied. A huge smile appeared on his face. "Wait, how did Hayes know?" I asked confused. "I told him." Nash said. "I knew, but I didn't want to tell you." "Why not?" I asked. Nash and Cameron both looked at each other without saying a word. Then I realized what happened. That was the night that Cameron told me how he felt, and I rejected him. He must of gone out drinking because he was upset about what happened. "It was my fault." I whispered. "No it wasn't Izzy." Cameron said. "Yes it was." "No Izzy. Don't think that." Nash said. I shook my head and ran out of the room.

Cameron's POV

It wasn't Izzy's fault. I'm the one who was driving drunk. Izzy didn't do anything. I can't let her think she did this to me. "Help me up." I said to Nash. "No. I'll get her." He replied, leaving the room. I waited for him to return. Hopefully with Izzy. Finally he did but she wasn't with him. "I can't find her." He said making me worry. "Get me up." "Cam..." "Now." I demanded. Nash grabbed a wheelchair and helped me into it. My body hurt, but I could still move. I just couldn't walk yet since my leg was broken. He wheeled me into the hallway and I told him where to go. We searched the whole hospital with no luck. Finally I realized where she would be. Nash brought me outside the hospital doors and we walked down the sidewalk. We turned the corner and there she was. I knew she would've went in a walk to think. That's what she did when there was something on her mind. "Talk to me." I said but she wouldn't even look at me. "I'm going to let you two talk." Nash said walking away. "It wasn't your fault Izzy. I did it and I'm sorry." There was a long silence. Then she finally spoke. "Did you hear me? When you were in the coma? I mean in movies sometimes people like float out of their body and can see everything. I'm guessing that didn't happen, but did you hear anything I said?" I thought for a second. I couldn't really remember anything. The last thing I remember is waking up under that car. "I don't think so." I replied. "Why?" She looked down and there was a long pause. "Because Jack and I broke up. And it happened because of you. Just like you got in the accident because of me. We did this to each other. And I thought that we should be together, but now that I see that we hurt each other, I don't know." "Wait why did you and Jack break up?" I asked confused. She didn't reply at first. "Because I told you how I felt, and he walked in on me. He heard everything I said to you while you were asleep." "What did you say?" I interrupted. "That I love you. I don't know if I was saying it because I thought you were dying, or if I actually meant it, but I do know that I love Jack. And I also know that I don't deserve his forgiveness." I didn't know what to say. This was a tough situation. "I love you. I know that you still love Jack, but I promise I'd be good to you. I would treat you right and never hurt you. I have loved you since the first time I saw you. Please Izzy?" I said wheeling myself over to her. "Please?" I said again. "I think I do love you..." She said making me get butterflies. I grinned and pulled her closer. I tucked the hair behind her ear and put my other hand on her cheek. I closed my eyes and then felt our lips touch.

A/N

Izzy and Cam are together!

Do you like her better with Jack of Cam?