Chapter 9

Gerald's Perspective

My eyes blinked open then I yawned. I looked at the skylight above me and it was dark, no sunlight at all. I stood up and watched the scenery from the window. It's already evening. "I might have exceeded my nap time." I went for the door and made my way out of the abandoned shack. I crossed my arms and let my body feel the cool wind of the night air.

I took a deep breathing and explored the area for a little while. I spotted a small pond near a small land slope. I headed towards it and crouched. My palm went under the water. As I lift it up, my palm carried an amount of liquid that is enough for it to contain. I neared my hand to my mouth and drank the water in my palm. I did it again for the second time.

I straightened myself up and walked back to the shack. Going back inside, a harsh loud noise had formed in a close range. I swiftly went inside of the shack and closed the door shut. I opened my bag and rummaged through it to find the blade. Once my eyes caught it, I quickly grabbed the object and prepared myself for an incoming threat.

There was a cabinet in the middle of the shack, I swiftly hid behind it and peeked from the side. I heard the woods groan then the sound of the door handle rotating. The door made a sound, creaking open. Multiple footsteps had closed in the interior of the shack. My heart felt like it was leaping out of my chest.

The sounds of footsteps went closer to me, I readied myself and charged. I was about to thrust the blade onto the threat but I swiftly came to a halt when I recognized the intruder. "S-snowdust?" I was left in shock, surprised to see her face here.

She wrapped her arms around me and tightened her grip. "I missed you. I'm sorry that I left you. I really am." I felt tears stream down her face. I gazed at the strangers in front of me, Snowdust's back was facing them.

"Would anyone care to explain what the hell is happening right now?" Maya said, placing a fist on her hip.

"Prince Gerald!" Carson called out his name and did a curtsy.

Snowdust pulled herself away with a smile formed on her lips. "I can't believe I'd see you here. You were looking for me?"

"Y-yes. Wait, how did you know?" I asked.

"I'll tell you later," She answered.

"Hello? Should I ask again?" Maya voiced out.

"Maya, this is Gerald. Gerald, this is Maya." I introduced them to each other then looked at Maya. "This is Gerald. The one I talked to you about while we were on our way here."

"Oh," Maya remembered what she and Snowdust had talked about. "He's a pretty handsome knight in shining armor."

Snowdust rolled her eyes and looked at me. "I brought Carson and Celestia along with me when we were travelling to Luxverre's palace."

"You went to Luxverre's palace?" My voice shifted to a stern tone.

"Yes but we haven't entered yet. That's where we met Maya and Drew, those vampires over there." She pointed her arm at the both of them. "I understand now. These vampires, we judged them by what we've seen but we haven't listened to their voices. Their voices hold the truth. Luxverre had been controlling his vampires ever since a tragic scenario."

"Mind controlled vampires?" I asked. Interested in what Snowdust had learned from her adventure.

"Yes. Their movements were simultaneous. They also acted like robots." She replied. Snowdust sighed and turned around with her arms crossed. "You should know something that you probably don't know about your parents and mine."

I walked up to her and placed my palm on her shoulder and she turned around to me. "What is it that I have to know about them?"

"Awhile ago, I followed robed figures. When they revealed themselves, I was just shocked. I couldn't believe my parents hid something from me, your parents were part of that group of robed figures too." She closed her eyes and exhaled. "While I'm doubting them, it's only you and my friends that I trust for now. I still am not sure of their intentions."