Chapter 17

The afternoon sun allowed the venue to beam in its blazing presence. Just by looking at it, it reminded me of the blood sun that had been used by Esmeralda. I shook the memory off and focused on my surroundings.

The carriage had finally reached the entrance. Stella and I grinned at each other as we hurried out of the ride.

I surveyed the decorations, the people and the smiles across their faces. The flowers bloomed and released lingering fragrant scents. The aroma filled the morning air. My white veil trailed behind the tail of my wedding gown.

I put on a jubilant smile and waved back to people who greeted. Stella and I reached the archway leading to the altar. A red carpet had been laid out towards a gazebo, where the priest awaits in anticipation.

I inhaled deeply, taking in the welcoming scent of the flowers hanging around the walls like vines. The vivid green emphasized by sunlit trees. It felt as if everything today was sunkissed.

Stella and I went through the archway entrance and our gaze swept around the venue. The crowd eagerly waiting for the ceremony to officially start. All eyes were on me.

A young boy had reached the ends of the carpet and sat down by the sides, followed by a beautiful girl with flowers in her hamper.

Seth emerged from the watching crowd and offered his arm for Stella to lock with. Stella gave me one last glance and a smile before walking down the aisle arm-in-arm with Seth.

This is it. This is really it.

All eyes were on me as I strode down the aisle. My heels clicking and pressing down the flat carpet. I trained my gaze on Gerald. I basked at his presence, the way he stares drags me delicately towards him.

Eventually, I had reached my final step and turned to face Gerald. He gave a warm smile and I returned with an excited grin.

The audience were suddenly electrified with excitement, eyeing the both of us with complete attention.

The ceremony initiated.

After minutes had passed by, the audience was still paying full attention. My gaze on Gerald never wavered until the last vow had come.

The priest looked at Gerald and spoke. "Do you, Gerald Rectores, promise to love your wife forever, protect her with your life and bring happiness in your world?"

"I do." Gerald sealed his vow and slipped the ring onto my finger. His fingers grazed mine for a moment.

The priest turned to me and asked the same question.

I opened my mouth and replied. "I do." With that, I carefully slipped the ring onto Gerald's finger and gazed at him wholeheartedly.

The priest stretched his arms out to his sides and leveled them high with grace. He declared in delight.

"I now pronounce you, Husband and Wife, you may now kiss."

The longing in Gerald's eyes made it even more passionate when our lips touched. I could feel his hunger. How patient he had been from desiring my touch. Now, we're bound.

I tugged him closer and kissed deeply. Seconds later, we pushed ourselves away from each other and waved at the crowd of audience. They threw flowers with joy. Everyone clapped.

All of us moved to a nearby area where tents and food await. Everyone indulged into the spirit of the party. The joy and laughter brimmed the air. The intensity of these emotions made everyone smile blissfully.

I searched the people for Stella. My eyes carefully landed on the right person. With my gaze fixed on her, I made my way through the citizens gathering in line for dinner.