Chapter 13

I heavily breathe in the tranquil air. Leaves rustled and the grass spoke as I stepped on it. The blazing sun above me isn't as hot as before. There are still some conflicts to solve.. where is Benji? Where are Carson and Celestia? What were the motives of the robed figures? Those questions kept interfering my focus on the road.

Half an hour has passed and I still haven't found Esmeralda until.. I heard suspicious noises nearby.

I followed the noises while crouching my way to it. I kept on going then I made out a familiar figure standing in the center. It's Esmeralda. She stood near a cave and looked back over her shoulder to check if someone's watching her. I peeked from the bushes.

Esmeralda reluctantly entered the cave and shuddered. I stealthily sneaked after her and soon entered the cave. Esmeralda had a torch with her and placed it on a holder pasted on the rough textured stone wall. She sat down with her backside against a large rock and sighed.

I pulled out my pistol as I readied myself. I inhaled deeply in silence before I made a lunge at Esmeralda. I grunted as I attacked her. I drove the pistol upwards and smacked her head with it. I raised my hand up to give her one final smack but she was able to dodge it this time.

After she dodged, she swiftly kicked my leg. I fell and dropped my pistol. Esmeralda sprinted to grab the pistol in her hands. She aimed the pistol at my head and didn't hesitate to let her finger pull the trigger. The spike bullet made its way to me in a speed of light but I quickly rolled to the side to dodge it. Esmeralda missed.

"Fuck you!" She shifted the aim to my leg and shot it. I screamed as the pang enveloped my leg and made me shake.

I tilted my head up to her and swiftly grabbed for the gun. My leg weakened me from clutching the pistol. I felt my leg almost giving up as I exert more effort in stealing the gun away from Esmeralda. I hit her head with mine and her hand let go of the pistol, I quickly grabbed it and fell on the ground just as my leg gave up.

Esmeralda noticed a cave spike and tried making a run for it but I hastily shot her arms without hesitation. "You shot my leg, you get two arms done from you," I said as I scowled at her.

"You're a coward," Her raspy voice talked back.

"And you're a hypocrite. You ran away like a coward." I replied.

"If it wasn't for your cretinous parents, you would have been dead earlier!" She raised her voice and raged. "You're the coward! You're the coward! You closed your eyes without fighting back!"

I looked down and sighed, then looked back at her. "At least I fought for myself and was brave enough to accept that it would be the end of me. But I'm still here, because there was a sacrifice. I'll make sure it's worth it." I stared intensely.

Esmeralda gulped and gazed on the ground. "Whatever you plan-"

Before she could finish her sentence, I forced myself up and slammed her head against the ground, letting her go unconscious. "Thank you for the pain. It only made me harder." I glared at her unconscious body and grabbed a rope from my satchel.

I tied the rope up around her torso, securing her arms in its place. I tightened it and started dragging her while limping. I continued dragging her along the path and tried to find my way back home. Minutes passed again and I eventually saw my kingdom in a close range.

I slowed down this time, my leg really hurts. But that doesn't mean I'll give up and fall on the middle of the road. I neared myself while dragging the unconscious Esmeralda with me by pulling the extra line of the rope. I made out a figure standing still by the gate. Stella. She walked to me in a fast pace and helped me drag Esmeralda.