one

↠  𝚑𝚎 𝚜𝚝𝚊𝚛𝚎𝚜 𝚊𝚝 𝚑𝚒𝚜 𝚌𝚎𝚒𝚕𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚘𝚗𝚌𝚎 𝚊𝚐𝚊𝚒𝚗,
𝚠𝚒𝚝𝚑 𝟷𝟶𝟶 𝚝𝚑𝚘𝚞𝚐𝚑𝚝𝚜 ↞
- -
<z a c h>

Another day, another Monday.  I rub my eyes sleepily and pull back the covers to get dressed. I wore a green tee with some light blue jeans. I look in the mirror.

would I look desperate for his attention
I wonder what he's wearing, I'll find out when I get to school.

I take it all off and put on a black hoodie and adidas track pants. "Food is ready mom said" Ryan says from behind my door. I left my hair in a bush and washed my face. "Okay coming Ry" I reply as I slip my socked feet into some shoes and out my bedroom I go.

"Morning mom, morning Reeses Pieces" I spoke jogging into the kitchen to grab a waffle and some apple juice before it's gone.

I wonder if he's skateboarding to school or getting a ride by his girlfriend Gabriela .

that's right I'm in love with my straight best friend who's dating the leader of the cheer team.

My mom grabs my backpack handing it to me as I slipped it on. "Get going Zach don't wanna be late" My mother smiles at me kindly.

I return the smile "okay mom, love you" I reply kissing her cheek. "See you later Reese and Ryan" I call out to them exiting the house.
"Bye Zachy"
"Bye Zdong"

I walk down the road stuck in my thoughts as I make my way to school.
does he have his hair cutely in a bun.
is it down curly, or in braids.
is he wearing vans.
is he happy or upset and angry.

I open the school doors and walk to my locker. "Jupiter is the sixth planet from the Sun and the second-largest in the Solar System, after Saturn" Corbyn runs up to me spilling facts about the solar system. I glance at him here and there as we walk side by side "W-what... uhm true?" I reply stuttering a little.

"False! Come on Saturn is the sixth planet from the Sun and the second-largest in the Solar System, after Jupiter. I thought I told you this bro" Corbyn groans as I open my locker shoving my belongings inside.

"Sorry Corbs, i was busy last night" I frown as I pull out my history textbook. Jonah walks up to my locker leaning on the locker next to mine. "What's more important than your exam" Jonah gives me a parent look. The look you get when you receive an 70 instead of an 90 and above, and you're parents are too disappointed to say anything.

Daniel stands beside Corbyn. "Jack Robert Avery. Daydreams of Jack Robert Avery is apparently more important" Daniel smirks my way as I shoot him a glare.
"Shove a gallon of apple juice up you're tiny butt hole" I reply grabbing my notebook and pencils.
I shut my locker "ouch that hurt" Daniel replies putting a hand over his heart.

I walk a little ahead of them "you need to get over him he's straight" Corbyn starts counting on his fingers.
"And most importantly he's dating Gabriela" Jonah makes a point as Jack is in the distance making out with Gabbie on a row of lockers.

I put my head down with tears threatening to spill.
why am I mad you're not even mine
you're not cheating
you're showing love to your girlfriend, that's how it should be
sometimes I wish you would just notice me
she doesn't even like you the way that I do

"He's not worth the stress Zach" Jonah says quietly rubbing my back since only they know about my sexuality.
I sit down in the back seat of the classroom and set my head down.

"Okay class today we are going to be working with partners- oh I'm glad you could join us 2 minutes early Mr. Avery" Mr. Young says as Jack enters.

I peek my head up at the door to see the curly hair boy.
he looks good in that black nike sweater.
especially those Nike sneakers and black ripped jeans.
oh boy you look hot
Gabriela so don't deserve you

I feel a tiny balled up piece of paper thrown at my head. I glance over at the suspect to see it's Corbyn.
"What do you want" I whispered yelled at him.
"For you to stop making it obvious" Corbyn
replies which makes me frown a little.
"It's noticeable?" Daniel looks my way quickly so he won't get called out by Mr. Young.

"Yes bro you had the drool" Daniel starts
"You looked like the heart eyed emoji" Jonah finishes for Daniel chuckling quietly.

"He's coming" Corbyn pipes in as I look to see Jack is in fact on his way to the seat next to me.

"Hey guys" Jack says smiling softly at the boys, and they just wave in response.

"Hey Zach" Jack greets me with a killer smile.

oh boy the butterflies
Jack Robert Avery you're going to be the death of me I swear to my last slice of  pizza at home.
His curly hair is so curly I wanna just reach out and run my fingers through it, but I restrain myself otherwise.
How do you think it would feel to be called his
How do you think it would feel to be called mine Jack huh, because I think that would feel amazing.
You're soft light pink lips on mine, as we hold hands watching the sunset.
It's such a sin to like you
Thank the gods I don't like you though, because I love you. I love you more than I ever loved anyone else. More than I love myself.
Which is why you'll be the death of me
Jack Robert Avery.

I just nod keeping my head down hoping these 9periods of hell would just pass over quickly.

So I won't have to face the guilt, jealousy, and sadness of seeing my lover with someone else that's not me.
One day, you will be mine

I can only dream of that One Day.

~ ~