13|Good daughter

Ever since my dad picked me up from the afterschool school program where I was a little disappointed that Angela  picked Sofia up, I've been the perfect daughter.

I didn't fight Vince and Dani when I got in the car, and instead sat in the backseat sandwiched between a sweaty post practice Vince and a drooling Sawyer. I even took it upon myself to not argue with Dani when she changed the station on Lauryn Hill's Doo Wop to the pop station, and actually asked everybody about everyone's day.

Vince shrugged and pretended like he didn't have a stressed day hustling back and forth across the field more than the other players because some scouts were in the bleachers.

Dani had a splendid day as any 5th grader would, my dad on the other hand apparently couldn't make any beats or any good ones, which is very counter intuitive considering he's a sound mixer.

Being in my good daughter mode I said he would probably make something great, which earned me a snicker from Vince. Normally I'd come up with a smart ass response about how Vince's coach cussed him out when he missed the ball, but I pushed my usual attitude aside and smiled.

All of this good daughter behavior of course was being done alongside me texting Ziyah and scheduling for us to go to the park on Friday. I felt a tad mischievous as I did this, but not mischievous enough for me to not tell Ziyah I have to ask my dad first.

This leaves me at my dining table scooping the vegetables and rice off of my plate as the rest of the table including Sawyer who is having an airplane of food into her mouth slowly eat their food.

I feel like now would be the time to bring this up considering my dad and I are both at the head of the table, so if he's going to lash out it's going to be at Vince and Dani who are sitting on the sides of him. Also Tara and Sawyer are right beside me being cute, so every time he takes a look at me, he'll have to take a look at Sawyer patting her high chair which Vince, Dani, and I have all sat in. 

"Umm dad I was wondering if I could go to the Poetic Justice movie in the park on friday with a friend." I clear my empty throat and get everyone's attention.

"Harper makes me feel poor," Dani adds immediately after I smile at my dad.

"Yea it's weird because she doesn't do it on purpose, it's in a subtle way which makes it worse," Vince nods along with Dani.

I can't be mad at them Harper is really my only friend.

"Can you go to Harper's house, and ooh bring over some leftovers that quiche was amazing."

"Yes so light and so delicate." Vince licks his lips like he's gordon Ramsay.

Finally speaking up my dad says, "I could use some leftovers."

Gosh this family is so ridiculous, Sawyer is even patting her hands as if she also doesn't want me to say the truth.

"It's not Harper I want to go with it's-"

With a mouth full of rice Vince interrupts me  , "It better not be those tennis development hoes." I don't know what Sienna would do if she knew the exact neighborhood I live in, or really Vince lives in.

"Language vince," my dad scolds, but his hands are together in interest for what his son just said. "Who are these hoes?" he asks not in the concerned parent way, but in the actually curious way.

"I'm not inviting them I was wondering if I could invite this boy in my french class over."

The room goes silent with the exception of the fan blowing our wall calendar.