21|Dandelions

I changed Tara's name to Kayla sorry for the confusion

The next morning gets off to a rocky start for the Price household. Sawyer has a tantrum and I believe It has something to do with being separated from all of Harper's teddy bears. I let her take one home it's the most flamboyant one, but I guess that wasn't enough. Her crying threw the whole morning and really day off making us get to school a little late.

Luckily this time my tardiness didn't result in me losing my seat because Dylan is still in one pissy mood. Or who knows that could just be his personality and I didn't pay attention to it before.

To match the chaotic morning I'm dressed in some of my simplest clothing. An oversized sweatshirt and to my mom's dislike tight leggings and my dirty white converse. If I had sweatpants like the rest of the student athletes I would've thrown them on, because I've pulled my sweatshirt down so many times in fear of anyone looking at my ass, which I'll admit is being complimented a lot by the leggings.

It isn't until lunch when I stop at my locker and put a bite of my protein bar in my mouth that I lose some of the tension and nervous energy. In all of that morning chaos this was all I was able to pack next to the orange I had for nutrition, and the pack of trail mix I'm going to have after school. I'm begging for more of the delicious chocolate chip bar when I spot Vicki and Jada walking down the hallway and as usual stealing everyone's attention.

Totally opposite of me Vicki is in an off the shoulder top and tight jeans. Jada has the same vibe as me in her Victoria secret pants along with some baseball player's hoodie. Vicki leans against the lockers next to mine and stops smiling so brightly.

"Sorry, if it makes you feel better she tells everybody's business." She exchanges a little look between her and Jada.

"It's cool." Really I don't think Vince is even mad after our little heart to heart yesterday.

"What's that?" Vicki gestures to the paper in my hand that in fact is the poster for the film competition. I unfold the paper to show them, "Vince gave it to me, I think I'm going to enter." Vicki takes the paper and her and Jada scam it over. When they're done they give me an impressive nod and Vicki hands it back to me. "Cool you should enter," Vicki smiles and hands me back the paper.

Suddenly as I put the paper back in my backpack smirks come across Vicki and Jada's faces.

"Get it girl," Jada whispers and they both scurry off. I turn around and Ziyah and his whole dreadhead oversized clothes gang are approaching me, well not approaching me just walking in my direction. It only takes a partial second for Ziyah to stop conversing with his guys to catch my glance and give me a little nod.

If we were anything like Navia and Harper he would've ignored his friend group and nailed me to this locker to give me one moment that would make the other people in the hall truly uncomfortable. Him and his group turn down the intersection of the hallway so banging me against my locker will have to wait.

It was honestly a win/win he didn't stop to chat because I'm not in my best state. Eventually I'll have to tighten my messy bun because I will be seeing him after lunch ends. See be already has so much power of me, and the way I want to just look good for him shows. The way I just switch my mindset to think about him is also a significant example.

To take my thoughts off of him I gaze at my phone only to of course see a text from him. Ziyah: Sorry my friends were being annoying see you in 5th period. It's too late he has me on his hook because I don't hesitate to start typing. Me: Yea see you. So he has a little power over me, I obviously have something over him there's only 15 more minutes till 5th period.