42| Blueberry Kush

I bottle up what Lucas told me for the whole car ride home with music blaring in my ears in case Vince wants to start a conversation. I've kept my eyes fixated on my phone and I didn't find it in me to give Vince the smallest glance. There was no need to look at him, because in my mind I keep on picturing the football game 2 years ago and Vince's hand wrapped around that guy's neck. When we get out of the car is when I give him a once over and he doesn't seem phased or filled with any sort of quilt. Matter of fact he has a smile on his face and this past week he's been at his happiest which is sick. That's all about to change for him, that conniving smile is going to go away so fast.

When we get inside I rush into my room and try to postpone my anger by watching my short film.

"Childhood the days of wanting to grow up because of that song by the Pussycat dolls, and not having the word impossible in your vocabulary," my voice narrates over a clip of Sascha spelling because wrong. The film is good, and surprisingly my voice doesn't sound bad. I watch it three more times then submit it to the president of the student council who will be judging the films.

"Daya dinner," Dani yells. I go to the dining room and with a little help from Kayla my dad is placing plates on chicken breast and vegetables on the table. I sit and begin eating and keep my eyes on my face plate. Vince is smiling and enjoying his food and I roll me eyes.

"Daya good news I can do your braids Saturday,"Kayla says. I'm glad to hear this because on Monday when Unna said my hair smelled I asked her when is the nearest time she was booked and she didn't have a concrete answer.

"Okay thanks," I say.

"No problem so how was everybody's day today?" Kayla asks.

Vince is the first to perk up and finish swallowing. " I left everyone in the dust when we were doing 100s today," he says. Show off.

"My boy," my dad says and gives Vince a high five. Ooh dad if only you knew what else his boy was doing. "I was a beast a practice too, I guess I work better in the cold," Vince shrugs. I stab at my chicken and shove a huge piece in my mouth. The chicken is amazing as always, but it would taste better if Vince didn't threaten Ziyah and take away one of my only friends.

"Good for you, but can we talk about something else besides sports," Kayla pleads. Dani nods in agreement and Sawyer pats her hands on her high chair.

Not giving anyone else an opportunity to share about their day Vince continues. "Well Vicki and I are friends again." I mimic his words in my head. If only Vicki knew what he was up to then maybe she would change her mind about letting him back into her life.

"Yay what great news," Dani says dryly. Vince gives her a look, but goes back to smiling. Dad and Kayla praise him then the spotlight is off of him.

"Daya How was your day?" Dad asks. My cheeks are filled with veggies at the moment, but I swallow and plaster a little smile on my face.

"It was good except for the part where I was informed my brother threatened to beat up Ziyah if he comes near me," I say. Vince's light expression goes away and he drops his fork creating a clinging sound on the plate.

"What?" My Dad's voice booms and Sawyer pats the high chair some more. He turns to Vince whose head is now hanging low as he plays with his fingers. Dani senses the awkwardness and goes to drop her plate in the sink. She scatters off to our room and takes dad's phone with her. Now I can see the guilt in Vince's eyes.

"Vince threatened Ziyah and his friend last week," I clarify.

"Is this true Vince," dad is staring at Vince with a good amount of intensity in his voice. Yes this is true why would I lie about that. I take the last bite of my chicken and it tastes better when I'm not bottling up my anger at Vince.