Sculptures and a Vampire | 彫刻と吸血鬼

Chapter Two: Complications

I've had my moments of being accused or lied on. I've been involved in moments of being in a tight spot or awkward space, but this by far, has to top the cake of every tight spot I've been in for my fourteen years of being alive! "Ayano-Chan, what are you talking about?" Moka asked this with a face that says confusion all over but Ayano gave an evil or disturbing grin.

"So, Tsukune and Gideon came to me, asking for information on a situation you all are doing an investigation, on some missing students if I remember correctly. Tsukune said he'd do whatever it takes to find these girls, so he made Gideon apologize to me, say he loves me, and kiss me on the cheek! I'm here because I want a better and genuine kiss, because I know British people can kiss! Now, kiss me!"

Ayano said this and I got a bit annoyed. "Can we acknowledge the fact, that I didn't consent to any of this bullshit?" I asked this only to be spoken over.

Gin and Yukari heard me, being that Yukari just slapped me for swearing. I start to walk towards Gin and his girlfriend. "Gin, do you have any sort of antidote? I got bit by Medusa's 'hair' while saving Ayano, regrettably." I asked this in a whispering voice and Gin looked at me with a saddened "Damn, I don't have anything like that, I'm sorry." As Gin said this, I started sweating a river. 'I'll become an add-on to a monster exhibit! As if things weren't bad enough!'

"Calm down, Gideon, you'll be fine. And how would you know what the purpose of this collection, they could be smashing the statues?" Kyoko said this and I face palmed, "Annnnndddd, you're a psychic, aren't you." I said this to receive a grin from Kyoko "Yes, I can hear your thoughts, by the way, stop thinking about the bite or the stress will only make the venom run through, faster."

She said this so casually and I felt myself becoming somewhat nervous. "Hey, Gin, I'm going to head out, here's a notepad of some information me and Tsukune got. I'm going to go find some help, before it's too late for me!"

Four Hours Later

At this point, I've given up on looking for an antidote, I'll just have to accept reality knowing that I'm going to become a life sized statue. I walked out of my bathroom and wore a simple white tee and some woolen pajama pants and jacket... Right before I could type the "You" in YouTube, someone was trying to Skype me. I peeked to see that Kurumu and Mizore were calling. I decide to answer it, because right now, it beats talking to myself.

"Kon'nichiwa, Gideon-kun, how are you holding up?" Mizore asked this and I start to laugh, "I'll be honest, I've given up on looking for an opportunity to live without being a statue in some pervert's room." I'm laughing a bit, because of the words that I made leave my lips.

"Ochitsuku! (Calm down!) Maybe check and see if you don't have anything you could use yourself?" Kurumu said this so I started looking through my room and I found a potion that was given to me by my grandmother, a few years back. I unscrewed the cap and I remembered what she said in the note,

"To my eldest Grandson, I want you to know that this potion is a cure for any sort of sickness or poison, You only get one use for it, afterwards it's gone for good. Possible side effects: delusion, hysteria, hazy vision, bleeding eyes, intense burning sensation. Please, put this potion to good use, I know how you get sick easily and I hate seeing you in pain or ill, Love Grandma Ilia"

I reread the note and I was contemplating on whether or not I wanted to drink the vial after reading the possible side effects. It didn't take long for me to scarf it down knowing what was at stake. "Well... I guess it doesn't kick in right away."

I walk out of my bathroom and as I try to sit down until I hear music, it's my ringtone. I checked who was calling, to notice my mother's number appear, so I answered. "Mother, hello! How've you been?" I heard frantic breathing so if I hear her say she's alright, I'd know it's a lie.