nineteen

Five weeks have passed since the pregnancy news and there's an estimated wait of two weeks until the tribrid baby is born. Werewolf fetuses develop much faster than a human fetus so Seokjin's belly has become quite big only seven weeks into his pregnancy. The only people who know about this kid are the hybrids because if word gets out that the true werevampire has impregnated the werewitch, things aren't going to go well.

It's been difficult for Seokjin. He's been suffering a lot the past few weeks because he's been forbidden from leaving the mansion and the only time he's allowed to leave Jungkook's room is when the alpha is home, which is rarely ever. There are even "visitation hours" as if Seokjin's been hospitalised and the only person who's allowed to visit him in the bedroom is Jimin. Everyone else, including Taehyung, have been banned from seeing Seokjin while the werewitch is "resting". In fact, Jungkook has been extra strict on Taehyung and Seokjin's interactions.

Seokjin isn't one to obey someone like he's their pet but once he tried escaping the house, just to go for a walk to clear his head, and Jungkook threatened to punish Jimin. Ever since then, Seokjin has been obeying Jungkook and he hasn't gone against a single order. It just got so agonising to the point where he secretly went into the basement and ingested some wolfsbane as a suicide attempt but he only coughed out the poisonous plant and puked a little. Jungkook obviously found out because he could smell it all and he was livid, but all he could do was chain Seokjin to the bed for the rest of that day.

"I have brought you dinner," Jungkook says as he carries a tray of food into his bedroom.

Seokjin is weak and has no energy even though he's been forced to eat well. He's not mentally or emotionally healthy because of everything that's happening but he's still alive. Breathing, but dead inside.

"Eat," Jungkook says, holding a spoonful of rice to Seokjin's mouth.

Seokjin opens his mouth and eats the rice. Usually he would put up a fight but he's so drained. At this point, if the hunters caught him and experimented on him, he wouldn't even try to escape. He'd let them do whatever they want to him because he doesn't have the strength to fight. He doesn't have the strength to live.

"Are you still hungry?" Jungkook asks after feeding Seokjin all the food he prepared on the tray.

Seokjin shakes his head, his lifeless eyes on the plain white wall ahead of him. Jungkook tries to ignore the sting in his chest and bites his wrist before he presses it against Seokjin's lips. Seokjin drinks the blood without having to be asked because he knows why.

In the past few weeks, Jungkook has been doing a lot of research on cross-species reproduction. He couldn't find much research because he and Seokjin are the only true hybrids to live but he ended up finding enough information to ensure his child is born healthy, thanks to stories about his biological parents. He found out that he needs to feed his blood to Seokjin at least once a day because the fetus needs to consume blood of all its three components in order for it to develop. Since Seokjin doesn't have vampire blood, he has to feed on Jungkook and the fetus will consume that blood. The blood also has to be the biological parent's, so feeding on just anyone with vampire blood won't do.

This is why Seokjin became somewhat 'addicted' to Jungkook's blood. It was an early pregnancy symptom. Fertilisation occurs at a much faster rate than humans so if Seokjin didn't drink Jungkook's blood right after sex then the fetus would be developing much slowly. Hybrid, or tribrid (in this case), babies only need their parents' blood to develop.

Another thing that Seokjin found out from Jungkook's research is that non-pureblooded babies share their immunities with their carrier. Since this baby is part vampire and vampires are immune to silver and wolfsbane, that also makes Seokjin immune to the two werewolf-destructive weapons because he's carrying the child. For the next two weeks, no one can hurt him. Even if they tried, the kid he's carrying is like this guardian that protects him from danger. And he hates that. The only good thing about this pregnancy is... quite literally nothing.