Chapter 2

I woke up to my phone buzzing. I looked at it to see 20 missed calls from Dan. I turned my phone off and threw it towards the bed. I would rather stay here than go to work. I stood up and headed to the living room. I sat down and turned on the tv. Everything was about love and I couldn't take it. I threw the remote against the wall and it broke.

“Shit!” I mumbled. I stood up and walked over to the balcony. It was sunny and hot. I looked down towards the beach. There was a family sitting in the sand. A woman, a man, a girl about 8, and a little boy about 2. I started to tear up because that could've been me. I shouldn't have ran off to Rome but I was too damn scared. I just needed time to think. Maybe if I would have just faced reality, he would still be here. I hated myself for what I did with the time I had with Lucifer Morningstar.

It had been the same routine for two weeks: get up and try to push through. I filled Lucifer's flask with Whiskey and started drinking a little bit while I was on the job. I ignore everyone at the precinct. I made Dan keep Trixie while I got my shit together. My life is in a downward spiral and he is the only one who can fix it.

 I walk into the victim's house to find Ella snapping pictures of the body.

 “Rough night?” She asks.

“Rough two weeks if I'm being honest.” I said taking off my sunglasses.

  “Maybe, I can turn that around.” A familiar voice said from behind.

 “Lucifer, you're back” Ella said while running up to hug Lucifer. I turned around and tried to keep my emotions in check.

  “Lucifer, can I talk to you in private?” I asked and nodded. I looked around for an empty room but all I could find was a storage closet. I pushed him in the closet and shut the door behind me. He turned on the light and I slapped him in the face.

  “I deserve that.” He said. I started hitting his chest.

 “You left me broken on your floor. You made my worst nightmare come true.” I said through tears. All he did was hold me tight against his chest. “Are you going to stay?”

 “I can't stay for long but I plan to stay for about two weeks.” He said rubbing his finger over my cheek. “I missed you. I like what you did to my penthouse.” I looked down in shame. “It's okay, Chloe.” My heart melts when he calls me Chloe.

 “We should really go before Ella comes looking.” He said and he opened the door. We headed back out towards Ella.