Chapter 7

Lucifer had his back up against the cabinet and my head was on his lap. He was playing with my hair. 

  "What did you mean by saying my dad created you for me?" I asked him still laying still on his lap. 

    "Exactly as it sounds." He told me and I rolled my eyes back because he didn't answer my question. "I guess dear old dad didn't want to punish me anymore. He wanted to give me something real. So he made a beautiful amazing woman who is the only one who could love the devil himself." He told me. I laughed and rolled my eyes again. "Or maybe this is his way of punishing me to the extreme." 

      "Why would you say that, babe?" I asked him confused.

    "Maybe dear old dad has given me something to have and to hold but not forever. Maybe his plan is to get me attached and then rip me away from you. Tear my heart in half if I even have one." He told me still running his hands through my hair. 

     "Lucifer, you have a heart. Don't ever say you don't." I told him as I sat up. I looked straight into his eyes. "Your dad isn't going to tear us apart because I won't let it. I'm not leaving you ever. If your dad wanted to torture you using me, we wouldn't have made it through all the terrible things that has happened to us."  

    "What terrible things?" He asked confused. 

 "For starters all the times I have been shot or in the hospital on the verge of dying. You almost dying or getting shot. The whole Cain thing which looking back on it now I only said yes to make you jealous. Finding out you were the actual devil even though a part of me knew all along. Then the whole demons walk the earth thing. We have been together through it all and you came back to me." I told him. "We are partners." 

   "And lovers." Lucifer said smiling. I smiled back at him and he pressed his lips against mine. 

   "We should really get ready for work." I told him. He nodded and picked me up bridal style and carried me to the bed. He changed his suit right in front of me and it made my heart skip a beat. 

   "I'll go make breakfast while you get ready." He said and turned to leave. I'm going to kill him because of the stunt he just pulled. 

      I walked into the kitchen to smell pancakes cooking. I walked up behind him and wrapped him in a hug. 

   "Mmmm. I love you." I said. The back door slammed open causing us to jump apart. Trixie came running in. 

   "Lucifer!" Trixie screamed and ran towards Lucifer. Dan walked in with Trixie's bag. 

   "What the hell is he doing here?" Dan asked pointing a finger at Lucifer. 

  "None of your damn business. So get the hell out of my house." I told him as all three of our cell phones went off. 

   "We got a case." I said. "We will meet you there, Dan." I told him while pointing at the door. He left out the same door he came in. I walked over and picked up Trixie's bag. I walked into Trixie's room and sat the bag on the bed. I turned around to leave but Lucifer was standing there. 

    "Are you and Dan okay?" He asked. 

"Not really, he tried to tell me that I shouldn't see you as much as I do because it's not good for me or Trixie. He acts like he knows what's best for us." I told him. Lucifer wrapped me in a hug. 

  "It's okay baby." He told me. My phone buzzed again.

   "We have to go before Ella kills us." I told him as I broke the hug. He nodded and kissed me gently.