Chapter 9

I woke up to someone banging on my front door. I tried to get up but Lucifer had his arms wrapped around me. I wiggled my way out and headed towards the front door. I opened the door to see a frantic Ella. 

“Chloe, what the hell. I have been trying to get ahold of you for the past two hours.” She said as she pushed her way past me. 

“I’m sorry I fell asleep.” I said being careful not to say we because she doesn't know about Lucifer and I yet. 

Lucifer walked into the kitchen with a smirk on his face for some reason. 

"Oh hey Ella." He said worriedly.

"Oh, I think you left out the part of both of you falling asleep." She said starting to catch on. 

  "No." Lucifer and I both said at the same time. 

"I'm not stupid guys. I know something has been going on between you two ever since Lucifer came back. I figured he was here but I still just wanted to check on you. Are you feeling any better?" She asked me. Lucifer laughed.

  "Yeah, I'm fine just think I ate something. I'm fine now though." I told her picking up the counter from breakfast this morning. 

  "Good then you can go out with Maze, Linda, and I tonight." She said excitedly. 

 "No.. I don't think that's a good idea, Ella." Lucifer said. 

   "Why not? A few drinks couldn't hurt." Ella said acting like she was trying to prove a point. 

   "A few drinks most definitely would hurt." Lucifer said under his breath and I punched his arm. 

  "I knew it. You guys really think I'm that stupid." Ella said smiling. 

   I gave her the what do you mean look. 

"Well, she already knows we misewell tell her." Lucifer said and Ella's eyes got big. 

  "Tell me what?" Ella asked confused. 

"What were you thinking Ella?" I asked her confused because I thought she already had an idea of what was happening. 

  "I thought you guys had a date already planned for tonight,but obviously that's not it. So what is really going on." She asked me seriously. 

   "Ella…" I started to say but Lucifer cut me off. 

 "Chloe's pregnant." Lucifer said and I gave him a dirty look. I was about to make up some lie but he had to go and spill the beans. 

  "What?" Ella asked surprised, "I didn't see that coming." 

   "Yea, we didn't either." I said under my breath. 

"I mean the fact that I can't reproduce makes this all weird." Lucifer said and I gave him a look because Ella doesn't know that he is actually the devil. 

  "What are you supposed to be sterile?" She asked confused. 

  "Yea, something like that." I said hoping she would drop it.

  "You guys are keeping something from me. Just tell me already." She said annoyed. 

  "We can't." I said.

 "Why?" 

"It doesn't even matter because if we did tell you, you wouldn't believe us unless we show you and then you will freak out because Chloe sure as hell did at first." Lucifer said while he wiped down the counter. 

  "I mean what the hell could it even be. You guys are secretly married, you guys have been dating for years, or maybe the metaphors are all real." Ella laughed at the last part. 

Lucifer and I looked at each other at the thought of her actually knowing the truth. 

  I guess Ella noticed the conversation going on in Lucifer and I's eyes. 

  "The metaphors are real. That's very funny guys." She laughed nervously. Lucifer and I looked at her sternly. "You guys are joking right?" She asked. I didn't know what to say to her because she looked like she had seen a ghost. She stood there dumbfounded.

   Lucifer walked towards her and went to touch her, "Don't fucking touch me." She said as she backed away. 

     "You both lied to me." She said. 

"Ella, we have never lied to you. Lucifer has always told you the truth you just didn't want to believe it." I told her as she started to tear up. 

   "You didn't show me either. I wouldn't have been scared because your my friend Lucifer and I care about you. But you didn't even have the guts to show me the truth." Ella said as she started to cry. 

  "Ella…" She turned around to leave, "Wait." I said but she was already out the door.