Chapter 14

Amenadiel and I ran into the Emergency Room. I had forgotten all about the blood that was dried to my face and all over my hands. A nurse approached me, "Maim, Are you alright?" 

  She put a hand on my shoulder, "I am fine." 

"You have blood all over your face and hands." The nurse said. 

  "My friend and I were kidnapped and the guy broke my nose and shot her. My other friend took her to the hospital about 15 minutes ago." I told the nurse in complete panic. 

  "Do I need to notify the police?" The nurse said, pushing me to a room. 

  "She is a detective and her friend is an analyst for the LAPD. So I don't think that is necessary maim." Amenadiel spoke up. The nurse had gotten me into a hospital room and had sat me on the bed. 

  "I am going to go get you some water. You stay here and rest." The nurse said and headed out the door. 

 "Wait, my friend." I said but the nurse was already gone. I stood up but Amenadiel pushed me back down. 

  "Chloe, I think you need to listen to the nurse. I will go find Ella and Lucifer." He said while urging me to lay down. 

  "I will bring him back." He said as he headed out of the room. I laid down on the bed until the nurse came back about two minutes later. 

  "I got you some water and the guy who was with you told me you were pregnant." She said. I nodded as I sipped the water. 

   "He seems like a nice guy, is he the dad?" She asked while examining my nose. 

  I laughed, "No the guy…" but before I could finish I was cut off by a man's voice. 

   "Chloe, are you okay?" Lucifer said as soon as our eyes met. 

   "That one is." The nurse said and I nodded. "Did you set the nose back into place?" She asked. 

   "Yea." I told her as Lucifer rushed to my side. 

"Everything looks good with your nose. Do you want me to check up on the baby?" She said as she grabbed the sonogram machine from the corner. Lucifer and I nodded. 

  Lucifer's eyes never left the screen the entire time. His hand squeezing mine as a tiny dot appeared on the screen. 

  "That right there is your baby. It seems to be doing alright." The nurse said as I looked over at Lucifer. A tear started to form in his eye. I looked back at the nurse. She handed me the sonogram pictures and my discharge papers. 

    "You guys are good to go. Your friend is in room 104." The nurse said and then headed out of the room. 

   Lucifer took the pictures from my hands and looked at them. His brown eyes sparkled as he scanned the pictures. 

   "Hey, I love you." I said rubbing my hand over his thigh. 

  "I love you too but I can't believe it. I'm going to be a dad." He said excitedly. 

"Come on, Let's go check on Ella." I said getting up off the bed. 

   We headed down the hall and took a left. Amenadiel was standing outside the door. 

  "In here." He said as Lucifer and I got closer. We walked into the room to see Ella out cold. 

  "She made it through surgery and they expect her to fully recover. She just hasn't come to yet." He told us. Amenadiel pointed over towards Lucifer who was still looking at the pictures. 

  "He hasn't put those down since the nurse gave them to us." I told him while rolling my eyes. 

  "Brother, I'm going to be a dad." Lucifer said handing the pictures to Amendiel. 

  "Well, congratulations to you two." Amendiel said but before I could say thank you my phone rang. 

I answered it: Detective Decker 

"Hey it's Dan." 

Me: What's up

Dan: We got another case

Me: Can't you take it

Dan: The director specifically wants you and Lucifer. I have no idea why since it is just a child abduction. Anyone can take it.  

Chloe: Dan, that's serious, stop blowing it off. We are on our way.

I hung up my phone and looked at Lucifer. 

   "We have to go now." I said. 

"Why?" He asked me.

  "We have a case." I told him trying to get him to leave. 

 "Have Dan take it." He told me. 

"It's a child abduction case." I said as I was halfway out the door. 

  "Chloe, wait up.." He said trailing me

Sorry for such a late update been stuck doing chores and homework during this quarantine. Got another update coming out tommorow. So stay tuned.