Chapter 18

I awoke to Lucifer shaking and mumbling under his breath. I placed my hand on his bare chest and tried to wake him up. 

  "Lucifer….Luci…" I said and he jolted awake and sat up abruptly. He was breathing hard. I sat up and placed my hand on his shoulder. 

 "Lucifer, are you okay?" I asked him as his breathing slowed down. 

 "Where is Charlie?" He asked me. 

"What are you talking about?" I asked him, confused. 

 "Answer my question, Chloe." He said, angrily. 

"Babe, he is at his home. Where else would he be?" I asked him. 

He looked at me utterly confused. I caressed his face, "He is at home with his mother." 

 "Linda is dead." He said. 

"Lucifer, I think you had a nightmare." I said. 

 "But it felt so real, Chloe. You were there and Charlie was put into our care. You were freaking out about having no room for three kids." He said without taking another breath. 

  "Lucifer, maybe this was about the conversation we had at dinner." I said as I rubbed his back. He looked at me with tears in his eyes. "Lucifer, we will figure this out. This house or Lux won't work but we will find something. I promise." I told him and he started to slowly calm down. The alarm started going off. 

  "Well, it's time to get up anyways, darling." Lucifer said. 

  "Wait…" I said and he looked at me. I placed a soft kiss on his lips and then wrapped him in a hug. 

     He was quiet the entire way to the precinct but his hand never moved from my thigh. 

 After we got out of the car, I walked over to him. 

"Listen this is not going to be easy. Trust me I know but it just feels right to me." I told him.

 "Like fate?" He asked. 

"Yea and I just don't want to lose this." I said as I placed my hands on his chest. He looked into my eyes and then wrapped me in a hug. 

  We walked into the precinct and Ella said, "There's the two lovebirds." I rolled my eyes and Lucifer just smirked. 

Dan walked up to us, "I never got to say Congrats." 

  "Thanks Dan." Lucifer and I said. 

I sat down at my desk and Lucifer pulled up a chair. I was scrolling through my emails when I looked over to find Lucifer making a pen shoot the tip in the air. 

 "What the hell?" I said but before I could grab the pen, the tip goes flying over towards Dan. He starts laughing which causes me to smile. 

   Ella came up behind us, "We got a case." She threw the case file down on the table. Lucifer grabbed my keys before I could. 

  "I'll meet you two there. I have to go somewhere first." He said which caused me to roll my eyes. He leaned down and kissed me, "Love you." 

"Love you too." I said and then he left. 

I turned to Ella, "Alright, guess I'm riding with you."

   I showed my badge to the police officers and then ducked under the tape. The body of a girl appeared next to a small bridge in a park. 

  "Track star in high school, bloody head injury, gunshot to the forehead." Dan said as I leaned down next to the body. 

   "Any witnesses?" I asked him as Ella started to take pictures. 

  "Not really but this guy says he might have some information." Dan said as he pointed over to a guy. 

  I nod and head over to him. 

"Detective Decker, you said you had some information for us." I told him as I got out my notepad. 

 "Yea, this morning I planned on robbing my work but I saw the owner's kid, Justin, washing blood off his car. So I went home." He said, nervously. 

"Where do you work?"

 "The auto repair shop right down the road." He said. 

 "What car does Justin drive and what is your name?" I asked. 

"He drives a green Jeep Cherokee and my name is Jessie." He said. 

"Alright, we will give you a call if we have any more questions." I said. 

I walked back over to Ella, "Could those tire tracks match a Jeep Cheroke?"

 "That's a good guess because they could." She said. 

  "Dan, I need you to find the Owner's son, Justin and bring him to the precinct for questioning" I said and started walking back to my car. Once I got in and buckled up, I texted Lucifer. 

 *Heading back to the precinct.*

Sorry its been forever guys I broke my phone and just got another one