Chapter 19

I walked into the precinct to find Lucifer sitting at my desk. I rolled my eyes and walked up to him. 

 "Ella, filled me in and that guy is in the interrogation room." He said as soon as he saw me. 

  We walked into the interrogation room to find Justin twiddling his thumbs.

"Looks guilty to me." Lucifer whispered to me as he rubbed my back. I was annoyed with him because he was gone all morning. 

We sat down, "So Jessie claims that he saw you cleaning blood off your car the other night and now you have sold your car." I told him. 

  "Jessie is a thief and I have no idea what you are talking about. I want my lawyer." He said. 

  I nudged Lucifer so he would do his thing, "Tell me Justin, what is it you truly desire?"

  "I want to be the owner of the auto shop." He said. 

I sighed annoyed because that doesn't help us. 

We left the interrogation room and I headed straight for Ella. 

  "Ella, I need you to follow up with the woman who bought Justin's car." I told her. 

"Alright, I'll give her a call. They just brought the boyfriend in." Ella said. 

  "Look, I'm innocent. I loved her. Rachel was my everything even though she ran wild and made me jelous." He said which caused me to look at Lucifer. 

 "What do you mean ran wild, Corey?" Lucifer asked. 

 "At one point, I suspected she liked another guy." Corey told us. 

  Ella walked into the room, "Can I talk to you guys?" 

I nodded and followed Ella out of the room. 

 "The lady who bought the car said that Justin didn't know what it was worth and he sold it to her cheap. Also they just got done spraying the car and they found the blood." She told us.

 "Alright, I'm going to call, Jessie" I told her. 

"Hey, Jesse, this is Detective Decker, I was just wondering where you were the night of." I said over the phone as Lucifer played Roblox on my computer. I sat my phone down and headed to talk to Justin again. 

  "Where were you the night of the murder?" I asked him. 

 "Ummm.. I was out at the movies with my friend Riley and his girlfriend Carly. I have the ticket and the blood is because I hit a dog." He said as his lawyer looked at me. 

  "Alright, we are going to follow up on that friend." I told him as I walked out the door. 

 "The only thing I know about Justin is that kids used to party at the Auto Shop. I used to go until Justin showed me a gun and called it a bitch killer." Riley said over the phone. 

 "Alright, thank you. We will call you if we have any more questions." I told him and hung up the phone. 

 I was tired of Justin's games so I stormed off into the interrogation room. 

  "Listen, the blood on your car matches our dead girl's blood so you either start talking now or I will arrest you for murder. We already have a warrant to search your house." I told him as I slammed the picture of the crime scene down on the table. 

 "All I know is that I let my friend borrow my car that night and he said he hit a dog." Justin said. 

My phone rang,