Chapter 10

She was gone just like that, out the door. I turned around and gave Lucifer a look. He shrugged his shoulders. I grabbed my coat and headed for the door. 

  "Where are you going?" He asked. 

"I just need air." I said. He grabbed my arm softly and turned me around. 

  "Did I do something?" He asked like a sad child. 

   "No, I just need some space." I turned back around. "Don't follow me." I said while walking out the door. 

     I hit the unlock button as soon as I could see my car. I opened the door and threw my coat on the passenger seat. I got in and locked the doors. I slammed my hands against the wheel while tears start to stream down my face. I started the engine and started driving. I drove around for about five minutes before I decided to stop at a diner for some pie. I parked and turned the car off. I locked my glove box because my gun was in there and got out of the car. I walked in and sat at a table in the corner. A couple about 24 walked in and sat down at a booth. I smiled as a waiter walked towards me. 

   "What can I get you today?" The guy said. 

"A water and a piece of pie." I said as the guy wrote down my order. He walked away and my view of the couple was clear. Her head was on his shoulder and they were laughing. I pulled out my phone and called Ella. It rang until a voicemail was heard. 

 "Hey, it's me. I know you probably don't want to hear my voice right now but can we just talk this out. Please, your one of my best friends and I will explain everything. Just call me back." I said and then hung up the phone. The waiter brought back my water and pie.

  "Thanks." I told him and he nodded. I was in the middle of eating my pie when my phone rang. 

I quickly answered it, "Decker." 

 "Chloe, it's Dan. We got a body on the beach." Dan said. 

"I'm on my way." I said throwing down 20 dollars on the table which was more than enough. I headed back out to my car. I felt like someone was watching me so I quickly got in my car and locked the doors. I started heading to the beach as fast as I could. 

       I pulled up at the same time Lucifer did. We both got out of our cars.

   "Find what you were looking for?" He said annoyed. 

  "Not now, Lucifer and especially not here." I said rolling my eyes and heading towards the body. 

   "Do you guys know where Ella is?" Dan said as we walked up. We both shook our heads. 

  I knelt down and got right to work,"Women, early twenties, marks on her wrist meaning she was tied up. Looks like ten stab wounds and a gunshot to the head." 

    "We think she was sexually assaulted because she was found naked." Dan said. "But we are waiting on the coroner. You two should get back to the precinct and I'll meet you there."

       I got out of my car and slammed my door. 

"Chloe." Lucifer said behind me. I stopped and turned around to look at him. "What's wrong?"

    "I don't know maybe I might have just lost one of my closest friends." I said throwing my hands up in the air. 

  "I'm sorry, Chloe." He said while he started to cry. 

"It's whatever. We have a case to solve." I said rolling my eyes.

"No it's not fine. I love you and your pregnant with my child. It took everything in me not to follow you but said you needed space so I let you go. I'm tired of you trying to face things alone because when your hurting it makes me hurt. Chloe, if we are going to do this we are going to do it together. Me and you against the world." He said and I started to tear up. 

 "Okay" I choked out through my tears. 

"Come here." Lucifer said and pulled me into a tight hug. My heart melted from the warm embrace of his arms wrapped tightly around my waist. 

  "I love you so much." I whispered. 

His hands went up and down my back, "I love you too, Chloe." We stood there for about two minutes before we decided to head inside.