Chapter 8

"Finally, I texted you guys over an hour ago. Where the hell have you been?" Ella asked us as we walked up to the crime scene. 

   "Had to make a pit stop." Lucifer said looking at me. I rolled my eyes and ducked under the crime scene tape. I put gloves on and walked over to the body. 

  "What do we got, Ella?" I asked her while I bent over. 

   "He's a kid. He can't be more than 19. Twelve stab wounds to the chest and a gunshot wound to the head. Gunshot wound was post mortem." She told me. A car door shut and I turned around to see Dan approaching us. 

   "Everywhere I go it seems like your always there." Dan told Lucifer. Lucifer rolled his eyes. "You don't know what it takes to love Chloe and you never will." 

   Ella's eyes got huge and I told her, "He's drunk." 

 I guess Lucifer heard me because he said to Dan, "Why don't we take a walk buddy." He put his hand on Dan's shoulder and pushed him out of the garage. I rolled my eyes and stood up. I took my gloves off and put them in a bag. 

  "I better go check on them." I said but before I could leave my stomach churned. I took off running towards the side of the house. By the time Ella got to me, I was hunched over and throwing up. Ella rubbed my back. 

  "Are you okay? You have been getting sick a lot lately?" She asked me. 

  "I'm fine." I snapped at her and stood back up straight.  Ella backed away. "I'm sorry I didn't mean to snap. I'm just tired of throwing up every morni…" Before I could finish my sentence, a light bulb went off in my brain. "Fuck!" I said putting my hand on my forehead. 

  "What?" Ella asked me confused. 

"No! I can't be. It's not possible." I said. 

"I'm confused." Ella said as Lucifer appeared. 

  "Finally, I found you. Dan was drunk so I made him go home." Lucifer said as he looked at me. "What's wrong?" 

  "We need to go back home now." I said.

 "Why?" He asked. 

 "I left something at home." I said grabbing his arm. "Ella I'll text you later." We walked towards the car. 

  "I'm confused." Lucifer said as he got into the driver's seat. 

  "Just drive to Walmart please." I said calmly but inside I was freaking out. Lucifer nodded and drove silently. 

   He pulled into the parking lot and parked the car. "I'll be back. Stay here please." I said getting out of the car. I ran into walmart and headed to the feminine hygiene section. I grabbed what I needed and headed to self check-out. I ran back to the car with the bag in my hand. I got in the passenger seat and sat the bag on the floor. 

  "Okay, now go to my house." I said. 

"What's in the bag?" He asked me.

 "Just go home please." I told him. 

     He stopped at a red light. I had my head on the window trying not to panic when he quickly reached down and grabbed the plastic bag. 

  "Lucifer, don't." I said but he had already opened the bag. I sighed as he looked at me confused. 

  "I don't understand. I can't." He stuttered every word. "Are you.." 

  I cut him off, "No, I would never in a million fucking years cheat on you Lucifer." I said looking at him. 

  "I don't understand how this happened." He said. The light turned green and he just sat there. 

  "Go." I said. He faced the road and drove back to my house. It was dead silent in the car as he pulled into my driveway. I got out of the car and he followed me. 

   As he shut the door, he said, "It's not possible, Chloe. I'm an angel which means I can't reproduce." He said looking shocked. 

  "We don't even know yet." I said taking the bag out of his hands and headed to the bathroom. 

    I followed the instructions on the box and sat the test on the counter. I opened the bathroom door to find Lucifer leaned up against the wall with his head between his legs. I walked over to him and sat down. 

  "So what did it say?" He asked not looking up. 

"I have to wait three minutes." I sighed and laid my head down on his shoulder. "I thought it was impossible too." 

   He picked his head up and rested against mine. We stayed there for three minutes not moving at all. I stood up and walked into the bathroom. I picked the upside down stick and walked back to Lucifer. I sat down next to him. 

   "You ready?" I asked and he nodded. "Whatever it says we do it together." I told him and he nodded again. I sighed and turned the test over. A plus sign. His eyes lit up and a huge smile appeared on his face. 

  "I'm pregnant." I muttered and he laid his head down on my shoulder. 

    "I don't know how this happened but I'm happy." He said. 

   "I'm happy too." I told him. We sat there for about two minutes before I said, "Your mojo thing is an angelic power right?" I asked him and he nodded. "As well as your immortality?" He nodded again. "When your around me you become vulnerable and your mojo doesn't work on me. So maybe when your around me your not an angel." I told him and he sat up. "Maybe I make you human, Lucifer." I told him as his eyes met mine. 

 "I don't know, Chloe. I can talk to Amendiel  about it." He said as he rubbed my cheek with his thumb. 

     "Lucifer, I'm scared." I said as a tear fell down my cheek. 

  "Why?" He asked. 

"For starters I've never had the devil's baby and what if it hurts me or worse. Second, what happens when the demons catch word of this it will put me in danger." I said through tears. 

  Lucifer wiped away my tears on my cheek, "Nothing is going to happen to you not on my watch. Chloe, you have me, Amenadiel, Eve, and Maze on your side. Trust me we will keep you safe. No demon is going to hurt you at least not on my watch." He told me as tears started to flood down my face. "Come here." He said and he pulled me into his chest. I embraced his warmth and he rubbed my back. "Whatever happens we do it together. We are going to be parents together. To be honest, Chloe, I can't wait." He said as he continued to rub my back. He picked me up and carried me to the bed. 

  "Let's take a nap." He said as he put me under the covers. 

  "What about the case?" I asked. 

"It will have to wait." He said as he got under the covers. I fell asleep with my head on Lucifer's chest and his arm around me.