Ch. 1: The Stranger

It's a dark night in Mystic Falls, Virginia as I lay in the middle of the road. It's how I get my food. That's when I hear a voice; Her voice.

At vamp speed, I follow her voice and see a girl that's identical to Katherine Pierce. She puts her cell phone away and looks up to see me there.

"Katherine," I greet, though she smells human.

"No. I'm Elena."

"I'm Damon. I'm sorry. You just really remind me of someone."

"I get that a lot."

"What are you doing out here all alone?"

"Why? Nothing bad ever happens here. Ex-boyfriend trouble. I'm waiting on my parents. He thinks he has it all planned out."

"And you don't want it?" I ask.

"I don't know what I want."

"Well, that's not true."

"Okay, mysterious stranger who has all the answers; what do I want?"

"You want what everyone else wants. You want adventure, mystery, and maybe a little danger."

We see a car approaching.

"That's my parents," she informs me.

"I want you to get everything you want but for now, I can't have anyone knowing I'm in town yet," I say, looking into her eyes, compelling her.

I see her turn her back on me, before I disappear at vampire speed.

I hear the conversation in the car about her ex-boyfriend, Matt Donovan. Apparently, they had a fight about the future. Then I tune them out and walk away to go find some food.