Ch. 6: The Turning Point

It's a dark night in Mystic Falls, Virginia as I walk. It's very silent until I hear Elena Gilbert's scream. I smell the scent of fear mixed with vampire. And then I know what I must do. I secretly care about her, so I run towards her scent at vampire speed.
When I arrive, the scent of vampire is gone along with whatever vampire was there. Her car is overturned with her inside it.
"My seatbelt is stuck," she tells me.
"Put your hands on the roof," I tell her. "Ready?"
She nods a yes and I snap her seatbelt in half. Then I gently pull her out of the car.
"Are you okay? Anything broken?" I ask her, as I hold her in my arms.
She shakes her head no.
I gently set her on her feet and she almost loses her balance, but I keep her on her feet.
"Elena, focus. Look at me, Elena."
I gently tilt her chin up and look at her to make sure that she'll be okay. If she's not, I'll personally kill the vampire that made this happen.
She looks back at me, obeying me.
"I look like crap," she whispers.
"What?" I whisper back, though I know what she said.
I catch her from hitting the ground, as she blacks out. Then I look down at her and then around me, before I gently pick her up in my arms. And as I gently pick her up, I say, "Upsie dasie."